Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: The Calorie BehemothAugust 18th, 2010 - 7:41 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Aug 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) For those who are not too worried about putting on the extra calories and risking their diet the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is like a sinful temptation to indulge in! The delicacy has become quite popular nowadays and it can be eaten during lunch, dinner or breakfast. Basically it is a $5 burger bundled with a yummy Krispy Kreme doughnut in place of the usual hamburger bun. The dieticians would like to say that it is a junk food with high calorie value but that is not preventing the people with a sweet tooth to have a bite at this delicacy. The Wisconsin state fair officials said that it has a calorie value of 500 but the claim has not been widely accepted. Some people think the Calorie count in this burger is above 500.
The Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is now available in several state fairs and the foodies are buying it in huge numbers regardless of the risk to their health. The burger was first popularized by Paula Deen the Food Network host. There are some businesses who sell this burger with a tad variation to add taste and woo the foodies. Those who are conscious about their calorie intake can always add some lettuce leaf in it. Some people also like it with a few pieces of bacon thrown in. The price of the dish can vary between $4.50 to $6.50 according to the ingredients and the places.
The Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger has also become popular through word of mouth publicity. It is not a must have dish anyway but the interest among the buyers are growing.
- Packed with 1000 calories, the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is not for the faint-hearted - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie "Luther Burger" - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Burger: The Making of a "Killer" Snack - Aug 19, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger To Be Introduced At The Wisconsin State Fair - Aug 18, 2010
- Doughnut Burgers And Deep-Fried Butter Represent The Popular New Foods At The State Fairs In America - Aug 11, 2010
- Meet Americans latest love - the 1,500-calorie 'Craz-E Burger'! - Oct 07, 2009
- Krispy Kreme All Set To Open New Store In Philadelphia - Oct 02, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Challenge raises $40,000 for a North Carolina hospital - Feb 07, 2010
- New 'healthy' flavoured water has as much sugar as 3 doughnuts - Feb 21, 2011
- Now, fast food 'porn' website for anti-diet brigade! - Feb 18, 2010
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Brisbane's 'monster' burger a 'heart attack on a plate' - Aug 18, 2010
- Today is National Doughnut Day 2012 - Jun 01, 2012
- Burger King launches '1160-calorie Meat Monster' in Japan - Apr 13, 2011
- Burger weighing 777 pounds sets new record - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: behemoth, calorie count, calorie intake, calorie value, delicacy, dieticians, doughnut, food network, foodies, hamburger bun, krispy kreme cheeseburger, lettuce leaf, lunch dinner, network host, paula deen, ranjan, sinful temptation, state fairs, sweet tooth, wisconsin state