Kovalam Literary Festival to make Delhi debutJune 27th, 2011 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) The annual Kovalam Literary Festival will make its debut stopover in the national capital Sept 29 with a daylong session at the India International Centre (IIC), founder-director of the festival Binoo K. John said Monday.
The stopover in being held prior to the main festival in Thiruvananthapuram Oct 1-2.
The line-up includes Mohammed Hanif, Aamer Hussain, Fatima Bhutto from Pakistan and Shehan Karunatilake, the author of “Chinaman: The Legend of Pradeep Matthew” from Sri Lanka.
Karunatilake won the Gratiaen Award for his book.
“Hanif is expected to read from his new novel ‘Our Lady of Alice Bhatti’. The India International Centre is sponsoring the mini-edition of the Kovalam Literary Festival. An event in Delhi will give us leverage and will help brand the festival,” John said.
“Delhi has book events throughout the year and an extremely aware audience will get a day’s extravaganza with a music concert at the end,” John added.
John’s new book, “The Last Song of Savio de Souza”, will also feature in the festival.
- German playwright to open Kovalam Literary Fest - Sep 19, 2011
- Pakistani writer cleared for India visit after visa glitch - Sep 28, 2011
- New entrants to list of lit fests as season kicks off - Sep 05, 2011
- Israel the flavour of Kovalam litfest - Sep 19, 2012
- Journalist 'gatecrashes' with novel set in Kerala - May 25, 2011
- Test cricket here to stay: Sri Lankan cricket novelist - Oct 04, 2011
- Five books published in India on Commonwealth shortlist - Apr 26, 2012
- Rakesh Nath wins Kovalam fest's Emerging Writer's Award - Sep 17, 2011
- With tale of love, Mohammed Hanif escapes Pakistan's realities - Oct 06, 2010
- Poetry was way of making sense of the madness: Fatima Bhutto (Interview) - Sep 09, 2011
- Pakistan governance has been a failure: Fatima Bhutto - Sep 30, 2011
- Noted poet, Booker judge on DSC literature prize panel - Apr 20, 2012
- South Asian literature blitz in Britain - Oct 12, 2010
- Hay on Wye literary festival comes Kerala - May 14, 2010
- Pakistani flavour at 3rd Kovalam Literary Festival - Aug 13, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,