Kolkatta, Paris, Jaipur inspire Preeti Kapoor’s designs (With images)August 19th, 2011 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 19 (IANS) Delhi-based designer Preeti S. Kapoor will showcase a collection inspired by the rich tradition and culture of cities like Kolkatta, Jaipur and Paris at the Lakme Fashion Week(LFW) here Sunday.
“The whole collection is about the change in the wardrobe of a woman while she is traveling to different cities so there are different looks. The dresses will act as an an imaginary diva showcasing Kolkatta’s Rajwada richness featuring heavy ornaments. The garments will than move to the French school, where the look will be more royal,” Preeti told IANS.
“I have taken inspiration from (French queen) Mary Antionette’s bold gowns to the beautiful daughter of a Rai Bahadur who combines rich Indian embroideries with very feminine, European inclusions like layering, lace and satin trims,” she added.
The silhouettes mostly consist of gowns, dresses, lehangas, saris and suits in hues like green, orange, mustard and yellow with hints of white and beige.
“I experiment largely with Mughal and Victorian era designs keeping in mind the customer’s futuristic fashion looks. For this collection, old and exquisite weaves are artistically blended into the garment allowing both colour and fabric to complement one another,” said the designer.
The designer has also used heavy embroideries and sparkling borders inlayed with kundans for the Indian outfits.
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Red ramp, muted tones highlight of Seema Singh's show - Nov 20, 2010
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Riot of colour, gypsy designs...Malini Ramani concludes LFW in style - Sep 22, 2010
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Bikini models scorch the ramp at WIFW - Oct 26, 2010
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: beautiful daughter, french queen, french school, hues, imaginary diva, inclusions, indian embroideries, indian outfits, jaipur, kolkatta, lakme fashion week, mary antionette, preeti, queen mary, rajwada, rich tradition, richness, saris, silhouettes, weaves