Kolkata’s first fashion week begins ThursdayApril 1st, 2009 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 1 (IANS) Excitement is in the air as the city gears up to see high profile Bollywood stars like Bipasha Basu and John Abraham, dressed in attires by their favourite designers, walk the ramp for its first ever fashion extravaganza - the Kolkata Fashion Week which begins Thursday.
The four-day fashion show will be held at P.C. Chandra Greens on E.M. Bypass here.
“This is the first time Kolkata is having its own fashion week and we are sure that fashion week will eventually become an annual event of the Indian fashion industry. It is not that the city is not fashionable like Delhi or Mumbai, but a proper platform was missing,” organiser of the event Yudhajit Dutta told IANS Wednesday.
Bollywood actors like Bipasha Basu, John Abraham, Zeenat Aman, Minissha Lamba, Dino Morea, Chitrangada Singh, Neha Dhupia, Mahi Gill and Sagarika Ghatke are expected to walk the ramp as showstoppers.
The promotional films shot with Indian cricketer Mahindra Singh Dhoni, were also released Monday. Dhoni is the brand ambassador of the fashion week.
“We shot the promos before Dhoni left for New Zealand and they will be screened at the fashion week prior to every show. It is also being used to promote the Kolkata Fashion Week nationally across all media,” said Dutta.
Noted designers participating in the fashion week include Bibi Russell, Rohit Bal, Wendell Rodricks, Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna, Shane-Falguni, Gauri Nainika, Mona Pali, Dev R. Nil, Abhishek Dutta, Marg, Sharbari Dutta, Zubair Kirmani, Anjana Bhargav, Manoviraj Khosla and Narendra Kumar. They will be displaying their collections on the theme - Return To Roots.
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- Diminish boundaries, generate business: Men's fashion week's motto - Aug 26, 2010
- 17 brands to participate in India Mens Week - Aug 21, 2011
- Rohit Bal to showcase at Men's week finale - Aug 12, 2010
- 17 designers to showcase couture at men's fashion week - Aug 07, 2010
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Amjad Ali Khan, Sehwag, Sameera Reddy to walk the ramp - Sep 07, 2009
- Men's week high on fashion, low on glamour (Review) - Aug 30, 2010
- FDCI forms new board, Sethi remains president - Mar 01, 2011
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: abhishek dutta, bipasha basu, bipasha basu and john, bipasha basu and john abraham, bollywood actors, chitrangada singh, dino morea, fashion extravaganza, indian cricketer, john abraham, mahi gill, mahindra singh dhoni, minissha lamba, neha dhupia, promotional films, rahul khanna, rohit bal, sagarika ghatke, wendell rodricks, zeenat aman