Kolkata Fashion Week to feature top fashion designersAugust 13th, 2009 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 13 (IANS) Works of over 40 fashion designers and several weavers will be showcased at the second edition of the Kolkata Fashion Week (KFW) to be held here Sep 9-13.
The fashion extravaganza will open with the creations of Ritu Kumar, while Manish Malhotra’s designs bring down the curtains, the organisers announced Thursday.
“There will be 36 shows on the spring-summer collection,” said Yudhajit Dutta, managing director of Mindscapes Maestros Events and Sports Management.
Around 20 designers had taken part in the inaugural edition.
With the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation declaring 2009 as “The International Year of Natural Fibre”, the KFW-II will have ‘Earth Couture’ as the theme celebrating India’s ethnic roots.
“In the first edition (in April) we promoted weavers. We are going to do the same this time also,” said Indian cricket captain and KFW brand ambassador Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who was present at the media meet announcing the event.
The country’s top models including Indrani Dasgupta, Sapna Kumar, Joey Matthews, Lakshmi Rana, Noyanika Chatterjee, Neha Kapur and Candice Pinto will be sashaying down the ramp showcasing the unique creations of the designers, he said.
“Apart from giving 16 new designers a chance to showcase their creations, we would also have a nationwide model hunt from where we will shortlist 20 contestants who would participate at the second season of Kolkata Fashion Week,” added Yudhajit.
- Amjad Ali Khan, Sehwag, Sameera Reddy to walk the ramp - Sep 07, 2009
- Kolkata fashion week promotes weavers, but faces hurdles (Review) - Sep 15, 2009
- Kolkata Fashion Week did little business - Sep 18, 2009
- Narendra Kumar to open Kolkata Fashion and Lifestyle Week - Feb 08, 2010
- Kolkata designers gear up for fashion week - Sep 09, 2009
- Emami pulls out of Kolkata Fashion Week - Sep 08, 2009
- Kolkata Fashion Week Organizer Faces Cheating Case - Jul 30, 2010
- Spotlight on Khadi at Kolkata fashion carnival - Sep 01, 2010
- Mix of colours, contrast and bling at WIFW - Oct 09, 2011
- Phulia weavers dazzle at Kolkata Fashion Week - Sep 12, 2009
- Indian, Sri Lankan models walk the ramp in Kochi's fashion show - Dec 06, 2010
- Kiran Uttam Ghosh's digital prints dazzle at KFW-II - Sep 13, 2009
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- Indian Fashion Carnival postponed - Sep 04, 2010
- Manish Malhotra to open Delhi Couture week - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: agriculture organisation, candice pinto, cricket captain, ethnic roots, fashion extravaganza, fashion week, inaugural edition, indian cricket, joey matthews, kfw, mahendra singh dhoni, manish malhotra, model hunt, natural fibre, neha kapur, new designers, sapna kumar, top fashion designers, top models, unique creations