‘Killer high heels’ have injured 3mn women!November 6th, 2010 - 1:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 06 (ANI): The next time you wear those stilettos, better be careful-a new study has suggested that more than three million women have had to seek medical attention for injuries caused by their high heels.
Half either tore a tendon or twisted an ankle, while thousands of others smashed their teeth or broke wrists by falling flat.
But 60 per cent of women said whatever agony a pair of heels caused, they would keep wearing them if they won compliments.
The poll of 3,000 women aged 18 to 65 also found a whopping 89 per cent said uncomfortable shoes have ruined a night out.
More than a third have had to be helped or even carried home because of pain from shoes that are too tight.
And 61 per cent have spent a whole evening sitting down.
But 80 per cent have bought a trendy pair despite knowing they do not fit.
Only two per cent of the women polled by Hotter Shoes never wear heels.
“Women tend to buy shoes that look good, and then worry about the pain later,” the Sun quoted spokeswoman Lisa McCarten, as saying.
“It’s incredible to imagine the pain and discomfort women endure for a pair of killer heels,” she added. (ANI)
- High heels injure over 3 million women - Nov 07, 2010
- High heels results in injuries - Nov 07, 2010
- Why walking flat-footed hurts habitual high-heel wearers - Jul 16, 2010
- Oz women suffer more injuries wearing stilettos than playing sport - Apr 17, 2011
- Shoes With Heels Of 9-Inches, Titled 'Sky Heel', To Emerge In The Market Soon - Nov 16, 2010
- Swapping heels for flats can damage calves - Jul 17, 2010
- Wearing flip-flops can be hazardous to health - Jul 29, 2010
- British women shortest in Europe, wear highest heels - Jul 20, 2012
- Stilettos, gladiators, wedges ...for the well heeled! (With Images) - Sep 08, 2010
- Pregnant women can wear sky-high heels: Experts - Feb 10, 2011
- Stilettoes 'make your legs more toned' - Feb 02, 2011
- Pretty shoes can create ugly feet for women - May 23, 2011
- Internet surfing major cause of chronic back pain in middle-aged women - Oct 18, 2010
- Sean Bean goes out in drag - Aug 09, 2012
- Fashion Statement: High Heels Are Back! - Dec 01, 2010