Kazakh President to attend CICA meeting in AlmatyAugust 20th, 2008 - 6:32 pm ICT by ANI
Almaty, Aug.20 (ANI): Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev will attend the third ministerial meeting of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA) which is scheduled for August 25 in Almaty.
Kazakh Foreign Ministry spokesperson Yerzhan Ashikbayev said the meeting would be held under the chairmanship of Kazakh Foreign Minister Marat Tazhin.
Delegations of 21 CICA member-states, six observer states and three international observer organizations, namely the UN, the OSCE and the League of Arab States are expected to take part in the meeting.
Bangladesh, the International Organization on Migration, the EurAsEC and the Economic Cooperation Organization have been invited to the event as well, Ashikbayev said.
Prior to the beginning of the session, an official ceremony of admission of new countries Jordan, the UAE and Qatar to the CICA membership will be held, Ashikbayev said.
The participants are expected to sign a Convention on legal capacity, privileges and immunities of CICA Secretariat and its personnel.
This will be followed by the signing of a declaration of confidence-building measures that will be needed to ensure the progress of CICA.
A protocol supplementing the agreement on the Organizations Secretariat that foresees relocation of the CICA headquarters from Almaty to Astana is to be signed as well. (ANI)
- India to share views on Afghanistan at CICA summit in Istanbul - Jun 07, 2010
- Anand Sharma to attend 3rd CICA Summit in Istanbul - Jun 06, 2010
- India, Kazakhstan to enhance collaboration to expand economic relationship - Apr 16, 2011
- Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan to establish common economic space before 2012 - Dec 28, 2009
- UAE hails Nazarbayev's idea to modernise Muslim World - Jun 08, 2011
- Kazakh parliament backs referendum to extend Nazarbayev rule - Jan 14, 2011
- Kazakhstan to celebrate 20 years of independence - Dec 24, 2011
- Indo-Kazakh ties to strengthen with peaceful uses of nuclear energy: PM - Apr 15, 2011
- Kazakhstan interested in buying Indian nuclear reactors - Apr 15, 2011
- Russia, Kazakhstan extend Friendship Treaty for 10 years - Jun 08, 2012
- India, Kazakhstan express firm commitment to consolidate strategic partnership - Apr 16, 2011
- Kazakhstan to hold early presidential elections - Jan 31, 2011
- Kazakh president invites Manmohan to regional summit - Apr 13, 2010
- Geologists name new mineral after Kazakh president - Dec 01, 2011
- Manmohan Singh calls for dynamic Indo-Kazakh relations - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: almaty, confidence building, economic cooperation organization, foreign ministry spokesperson, international observer, league of arab states, nursultan nazarbayev, observer organizations, observer states, privileges and immunities