Kavita Bhartia presents a curry of crossing bordersOctober 24th, 2010 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 24 (IANS) A tinge of inspiration from Paris and Persia, with some influences from Britain and South Africa - designer Kavita Bhartia injected a spirit of fun at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week with “transculturation” here Sunday.
“The line is an ode to people who have helped me in my journey of fashion. I have merged modern drapes with an Indian touch to create an interesting twist to the whole story,” Bhartia told reporters here.
“The line has influences from different cultures and places, so it’s all about a bohemian woman who travels a lot and experiences life,” she added.
The collection was divided into four sections - souvenirs, graffiti, origin of colours, and timelines.
For souvenirs, white was the base colour. Bead embroidered jersy tank tops, textured scarfs, printed maxis and a lot of lace reflected the bygone era.
In graffiti, the fabric focus was on experimentation with yarns and new textures, with the colour palette comprising military green and natural shades.
Origin of colours section depicted the look of women in the 1980s with digital printed dresses, tie-dye textured tops, jersey tassels belts and pants.
The timelines section had mix-and-match of interesting colours like blue with pink, orange with pink and yellow, besides others.
Bhartia had used silks, chiffons, voile and brocades in her line with interesting mix of accessories teamed up with the entire line.
The five-day fashion extravaganza began in the capital Saturday.
- Kavita Bhartia: The Bohemian Rhapsody In Her Wills Lifestyle Indian Fashion Week Collection - Jan 28, 2011
- Kavita Bhartiya Presents “Transculturation” Fashion Line - Dec 10, 2010
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Western styles merge with Indian crafts at Wills fashion show (With Images) - Mar 26, 2010
- Felix Bendish to launch clutch line in WIFW - Oct 04, 2011
- Riot of colour, gypsy designs...Malini Ramani concludes LFW in style - Sep 22, 2010
- Designer captures woman's beauty in Pakeezah - Jul 07, 2012
- Whitney Port loves British fashion - Aug 04, 2012
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Model slips at Vineet Bahl's show - Oct 12, 2011
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- A mix of nature, fashion at bridal week show - Nov 01, 2010
- Rihanna to work with Stella McCartney ? - Sep 03, 2012
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Straight from Africa, stale jungle safari at WIFW - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: base colour, bohemian woman, brocades, colour palette, crossing borders, different cultures, drapes, fashion extravaganza, india fashion week, kavita bhartia, maxis, natural shades, tank tops, tassels, tinge, transculturation, voile, wills lifestyle india fashion week, women in the 1980s, yarns