Kate weds in white Sarah Burton gown (Lead)April 29th, 2011 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 29 (IANS) A wispy white veil covering her face, a smiling Kate Middleton walked down the aisle at Westminster Abbey here in a long Chantilly lace-sleeved ivory white gown to marry Prince William Friday, becoming a part of Britain’s royal family.
Her wedding gown with lace applique floral detail sleeves, shoulders and neck, which was kept secret until the very last moment, was designed by Alexander McQueen’s creative director Sarah Burton.
Her tiara was a Cartier, lent to her by her grandmother-in-law Queen Elizabeth, and the Robinson Pelham earrings a gift from her parents. Her simple white shoes were also designed by a team at McQueen’s.
There was speculation around the world over whether she would follow in the footsteps of her late mother-in-law, Diana, and wear an elaborate gown with frills.
But Kate, 29, stuck to her trademark fashion sense with a simpler cut, white gown that flared gently from the waist.
The 2.7-metre rounded train, smaller than Diana’s 30 years ago, was held by a bridesmaid as she entered the church.
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate is vision in white - Apr 29, 2011
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Was Kate's wedding gown inspired by Grace Kelly's nuptial dress? - Apr 30, 2011
- Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honour - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton's dress rakes in 10 million in ticket sales - Jul 19, 2012
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- Now, Chinese tailors copy Kate's wedding gown - May 01, 2011
- Pippa's maid-of-honour dress identical to Diaz's Golden Globes outfit? - May 03, 2011
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- McQueen's successor to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress? - Mar 07, 2011
- Catherine's wedding gown to go on display - Jun 07, 2011
Tags: alexander mcqueen, bridesmaid, cartier, chantilly lace, creative director, fashion sense, kate middleton, last moment, mother in law, prince william, queen elizabeth, royal family, sarah burton, tiara, trademark fashion, veil, wedding gown, westminster abbey, white gown, white shoes