Kashmir to have first ever international literary festApril 16th, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, April 16 (IANS) The first ever international Kashmir literary festival, on the lines of the Jaipur Literary Festival, is to be organized in the Valley this year, an official said here Monday.
“In an effort to bring Kashmir on the international literary scene, ‘Adbee Markaz Kamraz’ (AMK) will organize the first ever international-level Kashmir Literary Festival (KLF) in Srinagar this year,” Shujaat Bukhari, general secretary of a local literary forum, said.
“The festival will be on the lines of the Jaipur Literary Festival and the Karachi Literary Festival held in recent past.
“This will be the first of its kind literary carnival in Kashmir, in which authors around the world will be invited to share their works with the local authors,” Bukhari told IANS.
AMK is in the process of finalizing negotiations with some independent bodies to help make he event a grand success.
“This will be a platform for not only exposing the local authors to international audience to showcase their works, but will also be an opportunity to highlight the sufferings of people during past 21 years,” the organizers asserted.
Kashmir literary festival is an effort of the AMK, the oldest and the largest literary federation of literary and cultural bodies of Jammu and Kashmir, to play its part in the renaissance of cultural and literary legacy of the state.
- New entrants to list of lit fests as season kicks off - Sep 05, 2011
- Controversy brews over Srinagar lit fest - Aug 28, 2011
- Bigots hissed, but no stopping carnival of letters (Lit Fest Review) - Jan 25, 2012
- Literary fests new tool of public diplomacy in South Asia - May 23, 2012
- Commonwealth English must assimilate: Hay Fest founder - Oct 21, 2011
- Kashmir to usher autumn with literature fest - Aug 03, 2011
- Jaipur lit fest to focus on Indian languages - Dec 27, 2010
- Michael Ondaatje, Ben Okri, David Remnick at Jaipur Lit Fest - Dec 08, 2011
- Kashmir's first national literature festival put off - Aug 29, 2011
- Salman Rushdie for Jaipur Lit Fest Jan 20-22 (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Salman Rushdie to attend Jaipur Lit Fest Jan 20-22 - Jan 03, 2012
- Israel the flavour of Kovalam litfest - Sep 19, 2012
- An eclectic mix, Jaipur Literature fest sees spirited start - Jan 21, 2011
- South Asian literature blitz in Britain - Oct 12, 2010
- La'affaire Rushdie casts long shadow (Jaipur Diary) - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: amk, carnival, general secretary, grand success, independent bodies, international audience, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, klf, literary forum, literary legacy, local authors, negotiations, organizers, renaissance, showcase, sufferings