Karishma will well reprise my ‘Satte Pe Satta’ role: Hema MaliniAugust 2nd, 2011 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 1 (IANS) Actress Hema Malini is certain that Karishma Kapoor, who is said to be reprising her role in the remake of her 1982 film “Satte Pe Satta”, would be able to justify her character.
“Karishma is a fantastic actor. She would definitely portray the character well in the remake of the film,” Hema told reporters after the “Scintillating Jewellery” show on the second day of India International Jewellery Week (IIJW) here , where she was the showstopper.
Hema was paired opposite megastar Amitabh Bachchan in the film.
Dressed in a blue sari with a choker necklace of gold and diamond and a bracelet, Hema mentioned that this is her first ramp walk for any jewellery brand.
“I have walked for many dress designers over the year but this is the first time I walked for any jewellery brand,” said the 62-year-old actor.
Scintillating Jewellery specializes in jewellery from Rajasthan, which comprise contemporary flared jewellery with a perfect combination of solid gold and diamonds.
Hema was all praise of actor Salman Khan who did a cameo role in her film “Tell Me O Khuda” releasing this September.
“He has done a dance sequence in my film. He is just playing a cameo in the film but I must say that he is really a adorable person,” said Hema.
Writer-director of “Tell Me O Khuda”, Hema has also acted in the film with her star daughter actress Esha Deol and husband Dharmendra.
- Bollywood girls dazzle in gold at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Bollywood's women power dazzles at IIJW - Aug 03, 2011
- Geeta Basra walks the ramp as showstopper at IIJW - Jul 31, 2011
- Sonam brings the curtains down on Jewellery Week - Aug 05, 2011
- Salman Bhai carries ornaments best: Malaika - Aug 04, 2011
- Zeenat outshines Mahima at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Dual roles back in B-town: One ticket, double mazaa - Jun 20, 2012
- No plans to come back as an actor: Mahima Chaudhry - Aug 04, 2011
- I'm a diehard Priyanka fan: Shraddha Kapoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Ahana is now open to acting: Hema Malini - Jun 23, 2011
- Bipasha to walk the ramp with mother - Jul 31, 2011
- Sharmila Tagore walks the ramp at International Jewellery Week in Mumbai - Aug 19, 2010
- Kalki gets her own 'Senorita' moment on the ramp - Aug 02, 2011
- Zarine's double role - on the ramp! - Aug 03, 2011
- Day one at IIJW ends in style with 'Jewels of Falaknuma' - Aug 01, 2011
Tags: actress hema malini, amitabh bachchan, cameo role, choker necklace, dance sequence, dharmendra, dress designers, gold and diamonds, hema malini, india international, international jewellery, jewellery show, karishma kapoor, perfect combination, rajasthan, salman khan, sari, satte pe satta, solid gold, writer director