Kareena to catwalk at LFW finale?July 10th, 2012 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 10 (IANS) Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor is likely to walk the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) winter-festive 2012 runway at the grand finale to be jointly presented by designer Kallol Dutta and duo Pankaj-Nidhi.
The forthcoming edition will be held here Aug 3-7.
“Kareena walked for Manish Malhotra two seasons ago and we have shared the work with her. We are already working with her (for this season). Kareena is taking out time for that,” Purnima Lamba, head (Innovations), Lakme, told IANS.
However, Lamba says nothing is finalised for Kareena’s grand finale catwalk.
“At this point we haven’t decided the prospect of it, but she (Kareena) is very excited to walk for us. So Kareena might be the showstopper,” said Lamba.
In the last season, veteran designer Rohit Bal presented an outstanding finale. But this time fairly new designers like Kallol Dutta and Pankaj-Nidhi are getting the chance.
Lamba said: “I don’t see there is any risk. As somebody who has invested in the future of fashion, it is my responsibility to give them a voice…The concept of bringing fresh perspective to the finale was very exciting. So we were very thrilled to get them on board and they both have very individual takes on fashion.”
- Kallol Datta, Pankaj-Nidhi to present LFW grand finale - May 24, 2012
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-Nidhi - Aug 08, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer - Jul 05, 2011
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Celebrities grab limelight, designers sidelined: Rohit Bal - Feb 07, 2012
- Pankanj-Nidhi head for International Woolmark Prize - Jul 20, 2012
- LFW advances winter/festive edition to August - Apr 05, 2011
- Malini Ramani The Perfect Choice For Lakme Grand Finale - Aug 05, 2010
- Regulars give Accessory Show at LFW a miss - Aug 03, 2011
- No big stars shone on LFW ramp - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: actress kareena kapoor, forthcoming edition, grand finale, innovations, kareena kapoor, lakme fashion week, new designers, pankaj, perspective, purnima, risk, rohit bal, showstopper, taking out time, two seasons, veteran designer