Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-NidhiAugust 8th, 2012 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 8 (IANS) Designer duo Pankaj and Nidhi Ahuja say getting actress Kareena Kapoor as the showstopper added value to their brand when they presented their collection at the Lakme Fashion Week Winter-Festive 2012.
They were the grand finale designers along with Kallol Datta at the fashion week, which concluded Tuesday.
“Having Kareena (Kapoor) walk the ramp for us helped a lot. Our brand got noticed a lot more due to this. Also, she has noticed us and was asking about our collection. It is very exciting and we are happy,” they told IANS.
The actress sported an edgy look on the ramp - she flaunted a jet black long dress with infusions of leather and long fringe detailing.
Originally from Delhi, Pankaj and Nidhi’s brand is six-year-old and is available in 20 stores across the country.
This was their first stint at Mumbai fashion event and for them “the experience was awesome” and they “would love to come back to city again”.
“This is our first show here and it was quite amazing to see our stall over-flowing with people. The reaction from Mumbai has been fantastic and we would love to work here,” Nidhi added.
First time LFW roped in young designers for the grand finale.
“It is new thing for Lakme, the finale had amazing energy because of new designers. I think everyone enjoyed the change,” Pankaj added.
There were lots of graphic prints and monochromatic colours on ramp and according to the designer, the collection was was unique in it’s own way.
“We were inspired from very diverse elements like paper cutting, handcrafting, origami, stitching, basket weaving which all came through in out collection,” he said.
Short knitted dresses and jackets dominated the line in fabrics like wool and silk.
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- Kareena to catwalk at LFW finale? - Jul 10, 2012
- Kallol Datta, Pankaj-Nidhi to present LFW grand finale - May 24, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- JJ Valaya 'clicks' with the LFW audience - Aug 18, 2011
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Shivan-Narresh to showcase swimwear at Miami (With images) - Jun 12, 2011
- LFW designers set to bring Ladakh's hues, shades on ramp (With Images) - Jul 13, 2011
- Props, stilt dancers, fairytale ambiance...LFW finale spelt grandeur - Mar 16, 2011
- Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer - Jul 05, 2011
- LFW advances winter/festive edition to August - Apr 05, 2011
- Organic collection in LFW brings alive eco-theme - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: actress kareena kapoor, ahuja, basket weaving, colours, datta, dresses, fabrics, fashion event, fringe, grand finale, graphic prints, infusions, kareena kapoor, lakme fashion week, mumbai, new designers, nidhi, ramp, showstopper, stint