Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewelleryAugust 1st, 2011 - 12:00 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 31 (IANS) Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut made a pretty picture when she strutted down the ramp in a red and black long anarkali kurta designed by Masaba Gupta, wearing uncut diamonds set in traditional Rajasthani ornaments by Amrapali, a fine jewellery company.
The actress, who looked dazzling in the jewellery pieces that included neckpieces, earrings, maang tikka, bangles, rings and even an armlet, said she was very fond of jewellery but preferred the ones that had some character.
“Amrapali is my favourite brand. Every second day I’m found at their stores. I’m glad that I got this opportunity to showcase my favourite brand. Amrapali embodies our rich heritage, our culture and that’s why it has so much character and history in it,” Kangana told reporters here.
“I would love to wear this jewellery on my wedding day, whenever that happens. I would love to be dressed like a traditional bride. So the maang tikka I’m wearing would definitely be there that day. It’s very authentic and has character,” she added.
The 25-year-old actress also revealed that when it came to jewellery, she was very sentimental about a pendant that her grandmother gave her.
“I’m very sentimental about a little pendant my grandmother gifted me because it is very very old. I’m very touchy about old pieces. Jewellery that has character to it really stands out and hence attracts me,” she said.
The event showcased a beautiful range of authentic silver and gold jewellery. The collection included pendants, cuffs, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings with an array of styles and choices in every ornament and a bold accent of colours and unique designs.
- Women celebrities throng Amrapali's show at IIJW - Aug 20, 2010
- I'll wear my grandmother's jewellery at my wedding: Konkona - Aug 20, 2010
- Kalki gets her own 'Senorita' moment on the ramp - Aug 02, 2011
- Actress Kajal Aggarwal makes ramp debut - Aug 02, 2011
- Mandira eager to wear Masaba's outfits after delivery - Mar 12, 2011
- I created jewellery for fun: Jolie - Sep 05, 2011
- Zeenat outshines Mahima at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Simpson to launch jewellery collection - Aug 31, 2011
- Salman Bhai carries ornaments best: Malaika - Aug 04, 2011
- I can't do justice to an item number: Kangana Ranaut - Jul 31, 2011
- I would like to wear something green for my wedding: Katrina - Aug 15, 2010
- Masaba apologises to Gauri-Nainika - Mar 24, 2011
- Gujral's 'Nirvana' an ode to women's inner beauty (With Images) - Aug 17, 2012
- Alpana to showcase garden-themed jewellery at IIJW (With Images) - Aug 02, 2011
- I'm a diehard Priyanka fan: Shraddha Kapoor - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: anarkali, armlet, authentic silver, bangles, cuffs, gold jewellery, grandmother, jewellery company, jewellery pieces, kangana ranaut, masaba gupta, ornaments, ramp, rich heritage, silver and gold, tikka, traditional bride, uncut diamonds, unique designs, wedding day