John Lennons killer reveals what drove him to commit murderAugust 21st, 2008 - 2:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 21 (ANI): The killer of late rocker John Lennon has provided new insights into the murder of the former Beatles.
During his parole hearing, Mark David Chapman admitted that contrary to reports in the media, he did not call Lennon’’s name before shooting him, according to the transcripts.
“I don”t recall saying, ”Mr. Lennon”,” Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
“I think that was something the press elaborated on. That didn”t happen. He didn”t turn. I shot him in the back,” he added.
The 53-year-old former maintenance worker, who said that he is ashamed of slaying the legendary rocker had started planning the shooting three months earlier after seeing Lennon on the cover of the Beatles” Sgt. Pepper’’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album.
“I just saw his face and it seemed like it all came together, the solution to my problem of being confused and feeling like a nobody,” he said.
“And I said, ”Wouldn”t it be something if I killed this individual? I would become famous, I would be something other than a nobody”. And that was my reasoning at the time.
“I perceived him at the time, and wrongly judged him to be a phony. Here he is at this ritzy building and he had been singing of love and other things at that time; it angered me,” he added. (ANI)
- I thought by killing Lennon I would become somebody, says his killer - Sep 17, 2010
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- John Lennon's widow says Mark Chapman is still a threat - Aug 06, 2010
- Wife of John Lennon's assassin could have saved the ex-Beatle - Dec 08, 2010
- Mark Chapman 'signed into protective custody to have sex with wife' - Sep 18, 2010
- John Lennon murderer denied parole for the 6th time - Sep 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono Does Not Want John Lennon's Killer Mark David Chapman On Parole - Aug 08, 2010
- Lennon's murderer wanted to kill Taylor, Carson - Sep 17, 2010
- Mark David Chapman Refused Parole Once More - Sep 08, 2010
- Mark David Chapman denied parole for the sixth time - Sep 08, 2010
- The Slayer Of The Revered John Lennon Is Eligible For Parole Again - Sep 07, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor, Johnny Carson were also on my hit list: Lennon killer - Sep 17, 2010
- Yoko Ono still against parole for John Lennon's killer - Jul 27, 2010
- "The Beatles" Fans Pay Tribute To John Lennon, Remembers Mark David Chapman - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: beatles sgt pepper, hearts club band, john lennons killer, lonely hearts club, lonely hearts club band, maintenance worker, mark david chapman, mr lennon, new insights, sgt pepper s lonely hearts club band