John is the hottest: Bipasha BasuJanuary 10th, 2009 - 9:21 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 10 (IANS) Bipasha Basu is quite pleased with John Abraham’s success in “Dostana” and says that the label of the ’sexiest’ Asian man for him pleases her even more.”There has to be one person who’s the sexiest every year. In 2007, Eastern Eye voted me the sexiest. In 2008, it’s John. If they didn’t vote him the sexiest they’d look really foolish. I mean John is the hottest. No one is going to look hotter than him for a long time. And I’m not saying that because I’m in a relationship with him,” Bipasha told IANS.
Asked how she felt about John flaunting his well-toned body in “Dostana”, Bipasha said: “Ranbir Kapoor showed his bum in ‘Saawariya’. How come no one raised any eyebrows? It was not so drastic with John.
“He has a fantastic body. If a woman on a beach is appreciated, why not a man on the beach? If you are comfortable with your body and you can carry it off with grace like John did, why not? I’m proud of what John has achieved. I’ve been with him from the time we shot ‘Aetbaar’ and ‘Jism’. We started dating while shooting for ‘Aetbaar’.”
Bipasha, who turned 30 Wednesday, said she was really proud of her bikini shot in “Dhoom 2″.
“At no point did I look cheesy. There was no heaving thrusting. It was just a healthy shot of a woman on the beach. Incidentally, I came out of the water in ‘Jism’ wearing a thick white dress. Such was the impact that people think I wore a bikini.”
Bipasha said she was pretty happy with her achievements last year.
“It’s been a fantastic year for me, both personally and professionally. Family is great. Boyfriend is great. Everything is fine. I couldn’t have asked for anything more.
“I’m actually surprised the year went so well. I even got time to watch my niece and nephew grow. Yes, I’ve spent one more beautiful year productively.”
Told that she needs to have children of her own, Bipasha said: “No, no I don’t have the patience for kids. I can’t bear to have my seven-year-old nephew around for more than two hours. He’s a talkative brat.
“My one-year-old niece is an item number. She dances superbly to the worst songs. So, yes, another actress coming up in my family. And she’s the first light-eyed fair-skinned Basu girl in the family.”
The actress is currently shooting for Rahul Dholakia’s hard-hitting drama “Lamhaa”.
- 'Raaz 3' was tough for Bipasha - May 04, 2012
- Bipasha's dubbing woes! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Feature: Happy Birthday John Abraham! - Dec 17, 2010
- I've never been conscious of my body: Bipasha - Jul 28, 2012
- Anushka, John have best bikini body in India: Poll - Jul 27, 2012
- Double-meaning not my style, says Pooja Bhatt - Jul 24, 2012
- I want to do action: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Oct 13, 2010
- 'Jism 2' cast collaborates with PETA - Jun 07, 2012
- I've let myself go: John Abraham (Interview) - Dec 13, 2011
- Hope I match Bipasha in 'Jism 2': Sunny - Mar 17, 2012
- Suspense over Sunny Leone starring in 'Jism 2' - Jan 16, 2012
- 'Dostana 2' to finally roll - Apr 27, 2012
- KJo a 'twittillionaire'! (Movie Snippets) - May 08, 2012
- Casting Sunny for emotional edge, not body: Mahesh Bhatt - Nov 28, 2011
- Link-up rumours part of our business: Bipasha Basu (With Images) - May 02, 2011