John Galliano’s show cancelledMarch 5th, 2011 - 4:03 am ICT by IANS
London, March 5 (IANS) Designer John Galliano’s Paris Fashion Week show has been cancelled following the alleged anti-Semitic remarks.
The designer had been due to showcase the latest collection for his eponymous label in the French capital Sunday but it has now been axed after it was announced he is to stand trial for alleged anti-Semitic remarks made last week.
The editors and buyers will be invited to view the new collection at a smaller scale presentation and he will not be in attendance, contactmusic.com reports.
However, Christian Dior’s show went ahead Friday, as planned after the label sacked Galliano from his role as creative director.
- John Galliano sacked from own label - Apr 15, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from Dior - Mar 02, 2011
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- John Galliano's Paris Fashion Week show scrapped - Mar 05, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- John Galliano found guilty - Sep 09, 2011
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from own fashion label following anti-Semitic rant - Apr 16, 2011
- Galliano checks into rehab? - Mar 03, 2011
- Galliano facing defamation lawsuit - May 07, 2011
- Christopher Kane to join Dior ? - Feb 29, 2012
- Label dumps fashion legend John Galliano after arrest - Feb 26, 2011
- Designer John Galliano trial set for June 22 - May 13, 2011
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011