JLo’s style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu ParasharApril 7th, 2011 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) International pop star Jennifer Lopez’s uber cool, bold and carefree style inspired fashion designer Charu Parashar to create her autumn-winter 2011 collection, The Modernist, which is dominated by shocking pink, orange and emerald green prints on black.
“My collection and the entire look was inspired by JLo. So we used her music in the background, and we used a lot of accessories,” Parashar told reporters after showcasing her collection on the second day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here Thursday.
Models sashayed down the ramp wearing elongated trench jackets, faux-fur hooded jackets and short, soft-structured dresses.
If JLo inspired the look of Parashar’s show, her prints were inspired by Persian ceramic ware — known for its floral motifs like marigolds, tulips and other flowers.
The designer chose “jewel” tones for her collection, but chose a dark base of black for the clothes keeping in mind the winter season. The fabrics used were silk, chiffon, velvet and supple satins.
Parashar also used muted tone-on-tone, as well as black embellishments, to provide a party-like feel.
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- Chronicle of fashion foretold: Orange for winter - Apr 19, 2011
- Western styles merge with Indian crafts at Wills fashion show (With Images) - Mar 26, 2010
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Indian ethnic wear gets Pakistani touch at Ludhiana fashion show - Nov 12, 2010
- Heroines of the past and inspiration from 'Chai' at WIFW - Mar 10, 2009
- Victoria names handbag after daughter - Feb 14, 2012
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Varun Bahl presents edgy, unconventional line at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- Victoria Beckham reveals fourth dress collection - Feb 16, 2010
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: autumn winter, ceramic ware, chutzpah, embellishments, fashion designer, faux fur hooded jackets, floral motifs, fur hooded jackets, india fashion week, international pop, jewel tones, jlo, modernist, parashar, pop star, satins, silk chiffon, star jennifer, wills lifestyle india fashion week, winter season