JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designerFebruary 2nd, 2012 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) Designer J.J. Valaya will bring the curtains down on the autumn/winter edition of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW), the second time will do so, and quite fittingly on the 20th anniversary of his debut in the field.
“This is the second time I am announced as the grand finale designer. The first season I did was in 2009. However, this edition is different because my label completes twenty years in the fashion industry and I want to thank fashion week for giving me platform to explore my designing skills,” Valaya told IANS.
At the conclusion of the five-day fashion extravaganza Feb 19 at Pragati Maidan, the designer will showcase his ready-to-wear collection inspired by the Turkish genre. The collection will be “a happy mix of Indian and Western lines”.
“Colour plays a huge role in my collection and like always, I will start the collection in beige, moving to brighter tones. Sets and music always plays a huge role in my line and this season will not be different. I am hopeful that fashionistas will love to see my new offering,” the designer added.
During the gala, 138 designers will showcase their collections on the ramp and on the racks. Abraham and Thakore, Anand Kabra, Anju Modi, Gaurav Gupta, Meera and Muzaffar Ali, Manish Malhotra, Rahul Mishra, Rocky S, Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Abdul Halder, Charu Parashar, Wendell Rodricks, James Ferreira and Gauri and Nainika are some of the well known names that will feature at the event.
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- WIFW gets grander with bigger venue, 115 designers - Oct 22, 2010
- FDCI forms new board, Sethi remains president - Mar 01, 2011
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- WIFW spells business, designers ask for more (Review) - Oct 28, 2010
- Designers pen fashion bibles; legacy for younger lot - Jul 20, 2012
- Trends don't work, says JJ Valaya - Aug 09, 2012
- Indian ethnic wear gets Pakistani touch at Ludhiana fashion show - Nov 12, 2010
- JLo's style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu Parashar - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: anand kabra, anju modi, autumn winter, charu, fashion extravaganza, fashion industry, gaurav gupta, grand finale, halder, happy mix, india fashion week, j j valaya, manish malhotra, muzaffar ali, parashar, pragati maidan, rohit bal, tarun tahiliani, wendell rodricks, wills lifestyle india fashion week