JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images)April 19th, 2012 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) Indian couture king JJ Valaya has completed two decades in the fashion industry and, to celebrate the occasion, he is ready to roll out a vintage tour across three Indian cities to showcase the best designs from his ‘House of Valaya’.
“The completion of two decades in Indian fashion deserves its due celebration,” said Valaya in a statement.
Sharing his celebration plans, he added: “There are several events planned through the year, which eventually culminate in a grand retrospective towards the end of the year. Other projects include a collector’s coffee table book and several intimate events during 2012.”
Valaya founded the ‘House of Valaya’, a luxury fashion and lifestyle house, along with his brother TJ Singh in 1992.
The brand has been showcased at several international fashion platforms and events in Dubai, Paris, London, New York, Singapore, Bangkok and Hong Kong.
For the celebrations, Valaya has collaborated with luxury fashion house Kimaya to showcase a special ready-to-wear womenswear collection too.
The line on display will include ornate anarkalis, tunics and sarees in fabrics like georgette, chanderi, and brocade.
The JJ Valaya Vintage Tour will kickstart here Friday, and will head to the Kimaya store in Mumbai April 26, and to Bangalore May 4.
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Kangana Models For J. J. Valaya - Jul 24, 2010
- I've fused history, art, fashion in new project: J.J. Valaya (Interview) - Feb 11, 2011
- Trends don't work, says JJ Valaya - Aug 09, 2012
- Designer wear becomes affordable - Sep 04, 2012
- Kapil And Monika To Showcase Bridal Collection At 'Wedding Asia' - Jul 28, 2010
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- Future Vintage Fashion Show By BFC - Aug 13, 2010
- TV doesn't have many fashion-based shows: Shantanu - May 31, 2012
- Turkish Empire recreated on ramp - Feb 20, 2012
- Honoured to be part of 'Midnight's Children': Ritu Kumar (With Images) - Sep 13, 2012
- Pearl Delhi Couture Week To Start Today - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: brocade, coffee table book, couture, fabrics, fashion house, fashion industry, georgette, indian cities, indian fashion, international fashion, intimate events, jj valaya, kimaya, luxury fashion, New Delhi, paris london, retrospective, sarees, tunics, vintage tour