Jimmy Choo, Hunter to make wellies (Fashion snippet)January 9th, 2009 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 9 (IANS) Shoe firm Jimmy Choo and British brand Hunter have collaborated with each other to create the most luxurious Wellington boots. The end result is a natural rubber boot embossed with the luxury label’s signature crocodile print and branded top bind, a gold buckle and rivet detailing, and leopard print lining, reports vogue.co.uk.
“I was inspired by images from the festivals of the hip Brit girls in their wellies. This led to our collaboration with Hunter to produce a sleek interpretation of the British classic,” Jimmy Choo’s president and founder, Tamara Mellon explained.
Hunter is well known for their Wellington boots that are basically waterproof gumboots.
“Both brands have a strong visual identity which has worked well together - the resulting boot has a unique DNA of luxurious practicality,” Hunter’s chairman Peter Mullen said.
The boots will be sold exclusively at jimmychoo.com from June and priced at 250 pounds.
- Jimmy Choo creates men's shoes - Jan 20, 2011
- Tamara Mellon stars in campaign for Jimmy Choo fragrance - Jan 06, 2011
- Jimmy Choo's 'Crystal Anniversary Collection': Whats In Store? - Nov 26, 2010
- Tamara Mellon quits Jimmy Choo - Nov 15, 2011
- Jimmy Choo sold for 525.5 mn pounds - May 23, 2011
- Jimmy Choo to create crystal shoes for anniversary - Nov 25, 2010
- Jimmy Choo wants to buy back shoe chain he co-founded 15yrs ago - Mar 20, 2011
- Jimmy Choo launches new range of footwear for men - Jan 18, 2011
- Usher longs to design lingerie - Jul 10, 2010
- Jimmy Choo to work with Rob Pruitt - Apr 14, 2012
- Jimmy Choo's capsule collection of iconic styles - Jun 16, 2011
- After shoes, it's perfume now for Jimmy Choo - Oct 03, 2011
- Head of shoemaking firm has over 700 pairs herself - Jan 31, 2009
- Tamara Mellon designs bag for charity - Sep 28, 2011
- Jimmy Choo founder Tamara Mellon poses naked for mag - Apr 19, 2010