Jessie J wore Falguni-Shane creation at Diamond Jubilee celebration (With Images)June 7th, 2012 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) British singer Jessie J flaunted a creation by Indian designer duo Falguni and Shane Peacock during her performance at Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations outside Buckingham Palace.
The four-day celebrations started June 2.
“It is always a fantastic feeling when an international style icon chooses to wear one of our outfits. Jessie has a unique style which matches our design sensibilities. It was great to have Jessie wear one of our gowns for her performance,” Shane told IANS.
The 24-year-old, who joined rapper Will.i.am on stage to perform, wore black net gown with bright gold and red piping.
Giving the details about the gown, Falguni said: “Jessie’s representative asked us to send them a few options for the event. We sent her this gown as an option since we knew it would be her style. The gown is a black net sheer gown with blue feather embellishments, red and gold piping and metal detailing. It had hints of the union jack in its design which drew her attention and she instantly chose to wear it.”
The dress was from the designer’s Spring Summer 2012 collection, which they showcased at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York last year.
Paul McCartney, Elton John and Cliff Richard were the other celebrities who paid tribute to the queen in an event that marked her 60 years on the throne.
The designer duo is known for their bold cuts, sexy silhouette and exemplary designs. Her client list also comprises international icons including Katy Perry, Niki Minaj, Britney Spears, Fergie, Jennifer Lopez, and Rihanna.
- Jessie J flaunts Indian designers' gown at Brit Awards (With Images) - Feb 23, 2012
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Neha, Prachi add glamour to Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
- Indian embroidery, needlework making Western inroads: Falguni-Shane (With Image) - Jun 04, 2012
- Indian Fashion Making Waves On Global Shores In 2010 - Dec 30, 2010
- Indian clothes dominated Filmfare red carpet - Jan 30, 2011
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Actresses Neha Dhupia, Prachi Desai walk the ramp at Mumbai's India Bridal Week - Nov 01, 2010
- Bridal Asia To Offer Mughal Feel This Season - Jul 17, 2010
- Who says short girls can't flaunt gowns? (With Images) - Jun 06, 2012
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Patience is a virtue, believes Katrina - Feb 25, 2011
- Celebs don't value Indian designers: Farah Khan Ali (With Images) - Jun 30, 2011
- Katy Perry, Keri Hilson Sizzle In 'VH1 Divas Salutes The Troops' Event - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: bright gold, british singer, britney spears, buckingham palace, cliff richard, design sensibilities, diamond jubilee celebration, falguni, gold piping, international style, jessie j, jubilee celebrations, mercedes benz, mercedes benz fashion week, niki minaj, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, rihanna, shane peacock, style icon