Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing lineAugust 5th, 2011 - 2:16 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 5 (IANS) Hip-hop mogul Jay-Z has teamed up with rapper Pharrell Williams to work on a new clothing line.
Jay-Z’s fashion house Rocawear has partnered with the “Can I Have It Like That” hitmaker’s label Billionaire Boys Club to create a new range.
The news was confirmed by Jay-Z on micro-blogging site Twitter after the rumour that Rocawear had bought the licensing to manufacture and distribute Billionaire Boys Club, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“Partnering with @4real4rell on BBC’ follow him.. (Not ‘buying’ as GQ erroneously reported.) (sic),” posted the 41-year-old.
Rocawear was created in 1999 by Jay-Z in partnership with entrepreneur Damon Dash, while Billionaire Boys Club was established in 2005 by Williams and Nigo, founder of Japanese clothing company BAPE.
- Jay-Z says Rihanna umbrellas would have been a hit - Dec 03, 2009
- P. Diddy 'wealthiest artist in hip-hop' - Mar 11, 2011
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- Baby girl born to Beyonce - Jan 08, 2012
- 'Diddy' Combs wealthiest hip-hop artist - Mar 11, 2011
- Jay Z to open restaurant for charity - Jul 06, 2011
- Jay Electronica Becomes The Latest Member Of Jay-Z's Roc Nation Label - Nov 14, 2010
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- Jay-Z splurges on wife Beyonce's Christmas gifts - Dec 27, 2010
- Footballer Ashley Cole plans to make music - May 02, 2011
- Jay-Z tops Forbes' 'Richest Rappers' list - Aug 18, 2010
- Jay Z invests in fast food joint in his native NY - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Messy' Beyonce working on being a neat person - Aug 21, 2010
- Justin Timberlake's hip-hop act on Jimmy Fallon's show goes viral - Oct 01, 2010
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: bbc, billionaire boys club, blogging, clothing company, clothing line, damon dash, entrepreneur, fashion house, hip hop mogul, hitmaker, japanese clothing, jay z, london, partnership, pharrell williams, rocawear, rumour, twitter