Jamie Lee Curtis comes clean on past painkiller addictionJune 23rd, 2008 - 3:38 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 23 (ANI): Hollywood actress Jamie Lee Curtis has revealed that she was once addicted to painkillers.
In an interview to More Magazine, the “Freaky Friday” star admitted that she developed painkiller addiction after cosmetic surgery on her eyes when she was 35.
The 49-year-old actress was hooked to painkillers to such an extent that she even stole pills from her sister, who, at that time, was recovering at the actress’ house from a broken bone.
“No one knew,” Curtis said of hiding her dependency from her family, including husband Christopher Guest.
The actress used drugs to get high and to combat “loneliness,”. She even drank heavily at times for years.
Curtis blamed her pressure to stay young in Hollywood that lured her to drugs.
“I attempted various types of plastic surgery, minutely but enough to stave off this encroaching middle-aged body,” New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
“And every time I did, something went wrong. I felt misshapen, just not natural any more. I think it was a big stimulator of my drug abuse,” she added.
Curtis credits her nine-year-old daughter Annie for kicking the habit. The actress worried that her addiction would affect her.
In her attempt to get of rid of her habit, Curtis let her hair go grey and stopped wearing high heels. She now works as a volunteer on anti-drug campaigns. (ANI)
- Lindsay Lohan deserves another chance: Jamie Lee Curtis - Sep 03, 2010
- I was once forced to do coke: Joan Collins - Mar 28, 2010
- Gaga loves being alone - May 06, 2012
- Legendary Actor Tony Curtis Passes Away - Oct 01, 2010
- American teen to undergo surgery on both wrists after heavy texting - Mar 22, 2010
- Judge dismisses drugs-related charges against Anna Nicole Smith's aides - Jan 07, 2011
- Brooke Mueller planning to go to extreme rehab Center in Mexico - Jul 19, 2011
- Dana Delany Recalls Her Horrifying Botox Experience - Oct 06, 2010
- I have no desire to look younger: Cattrall - Jul 15, 2011
- Jamie Lee Curtis blames early fame exposure for MJ's death - Jul 21, 2009
- Bar Refaeli 'gets sad' when she sees skinny models - Sep 01, 2010
- Catholic Nun - Sister Marie Thornton spared jail term despite embezzling $850,000 - Nov 15, 2011
- Winslet forms anti-cosmetic surgery group - Aug 19, 2011
- Sarah Harding was addicted to sleeping pills - Jan 07, 2012
- Dieting makes Eva Green depressed - May 04, 2012
Tags: broken bone, christopher guest, cosmetic surgery, daughter annie, drug abuse, drug campaigns, freaky friday, friday star, high heels, hollywood actress, jamie lee curtis, june 23, kicking the habit, loneliness, more magazine, new york daily news, painkiller addiction, pills, plastic surgery, york daily news