Jaipur boy wins sixth edition of ‘The Debut’March 1st, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) Jaipur boy Aman Verma Thursday triumphed at the sixth edition of “The Debut”, an initiative by Wills Lifestyle to recognise young fashion designer here.
He received the winner’s trophy and an all expenses paid trip to an international fashion fair.
“I am very excited to win this as there is no such platforms for students to showcase their work. I am completely speechless and can’t say anything else right now,” said Aman, a final year student at Jaipur’s Pearl Academy of Fashion.
Well-known designers JJ Valaya, David Abraham, Rakesh Thakore and leading fashion educator Asha Baxi were on the judge’s panel.
More than 500 entries were received for the contest, out of which 31 were short-listed by a separate jury. Four direct entries came through Facebook.
Eventually, 12 candidates competed at the finale.
The theme for the competition was urbane heritage and Abraham was quite impressed the creativity presented by the young aspirant.
He applauded them, saying: “It was great to see these young budding designers showcase their creations. Everyone was good but the winning design was a combination of both Indian and western, which made it stand out.”
The participants included students from all centres of National Institute of Fashion Technology, Pearl Academy of Fashion, Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology, Amity School, Noida and JD Institute of Fashion.
Atul Chand, divisional chief, ITC Lifestyle Retailing Business Division said: ” The Debut by Wills Lifestyle not only provides encouragement to budding creative talent but also facilitates interface with the leading names of Indian fashion fraternity. We will continue our effort of bringing young talent to the forefront.”
- Debut awards announced at WIFW - Apr 10, 2011
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- Top-notch luxe fashion designers discuss emerging trends - Mar 20, 2012
- Sabyasachi to design exclusive clothes for Wills Lifestyle - Apr 06, 2011
- Aspiring designers impresses at international fashion fest - Mar 22, 2012
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Indian is gorgeous, a perfect amalgamation of world culture: Italian designer (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 24, 2012
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Chennai fashion show for budding designers - Jun 04, 2010
- Designers pen fashion bibles; legacy for younger lot - Jul 20, 2012
- Siliguri's budding designers showcase ethnic Indian outfits in fashion show - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: aman verma, amity school noida, aspirant, business division, creative talent, david abraham, facebook, fashion designer, forefront, indian fashion, international fashion, itc, jd, national institute of fashion technology, New Delhi, northern india institute, rakesh, retailing business, winning design, young fashion