Jacqueline upset with Ashley Madison over using her image without permissionNovember 9th, 2011 - 9:02 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Nov 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An obese model has taken a swipe at Ashley Madison for using her image for an ad without her consent. Only known in the industry as Jacqueline, the size 32 model described as “appalling” the decision to use her image to promote male cheating.
Ashley Madison published the image of Jacqueline in an ad with the words “’Did your wife scare you last night?” Jacqueline doesn’t seem to have the option of suing because she signed for the release of the image to an advertizing agent sometime back.
Writing on the website Jezebel.com, Jacqueline fumed, “There is an enormous problem in this world in regards to female body shaming, and not solely in regard to fat women, but all women. A size 2 woman who sees this ad sees the message: ‘If I don’t stay small, he will cheat.’”
Ashley Madison has reacted to the remarks by Jacqueline. The website which is involved in encouraging married people to cheat on their spouses says they did free marketing for Jacqueline. Founder Noel Biderman told Jacqueline to shut up because since she has sold off the image, she has no say in how it should be used.
Ashley Madison has often been criticized for promoting infidelity.
- Infidelity website 'urges married couples to have secret affairs' - Oct 01, 2010
- Website promises adultery, or money back! - Jul 29, 2011
- Cheating Chilean miner offered $100,000 by an infidelity website - Oct 19, 2010
- Aussies want to cheat on partners with Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Hawkins - Apr 23, 2011
- Controversial infidelity promoting site launches in Australia - Apr 12, 2010
- Infidelity on the rise Down Under, confirms dating websites - May 03, 2010
- Thousands of Australians sign up for website that encourages infidelity - Apr 12, 2010
- Cheryl Cole's image used on Russian brides website - Feb 17, 2011
- Madeleine Grant criticized for her strategy to win the librarian contest - Mar 05, 2012
- The image of Enrique Pena Nieto, Mexican presidency front-runner, used to promote adultery - Jun 07, 2012
- Online dating sites helping people cheat on partners! - Mar 27, 2010
- Dating site for love cheats a hit in New Zealand - May 09, 2010
- Dating service uses philandering Mexican politician's image - Jun 08, 2012
- James Woods' ex-lover sues infidelity site over name use - Dec 16, 2009
- AshleyMadison.com, a website that lets people cheat without getting caught! - Feb 01, 2009