It’s the ‘bandhgala’ for Big B in ‘KBC 5′ (With Images)May 5th, 2011 - 2:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) Amitabh Bachchan will be back as host of “Kaun Banega Crorepati”, but not in his customary jacket and tie. Instead, the star will be wearing bandhgalas in varied colours, teamed up with scarves, as part of the special look designed by Rohit Bal.
Big B posted two pictures of his look for the fifth season of the popular quiz show on his blog Bigb.bigadda.com Thursday — he is wearing a bandhgala in scarlet blue with cream scarf in one, and a charcoal black bandhgala with a maroon scarf in another.
“This is designed by Rohit Bal, the young celebrity in the world of fashion who has always been flamboyant and has had a way with colours,” wrote Big B.
There is no change in his trademark french cut beard and big glasses. The 68-year-old star is all praise for the Delhi-based designer, a close family friend.
“Rohit or ‘Gudda’ as his pet name beckons him, a dear friend from the time when he was a little kid, running around in shorts in his house in Srinagar. His parents, my parents, his sisters and us all close family,” posted Amitabh.
“Had stayed with them in Srinagar during one of our early holiday visits, when I was still working out of Kolkata and since then have seen the growth of this very talented youngster in the field he enjoys most - design!,” he added.
The show returned for its second season in 2005 with Amitabh, but superstar Shah Rukh Khan was roped in as the host of its third season on Star Plus.
Sony Entertainment Television brought back Amitabh as the host last year, and it repeated its success story. The channel signed up the actor for the next two seasons in January.
“Kaun Banega Crorepati” is the Indian version of internationally popular show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
- 'KBC 5' to go on air in August, Rohit Bal to design for Big B - May 05, 2011
- Delay in 'Common Man' my fault: Shirish Kunder (Movie Snippets) - May 04, 2012
- 'KBC 5' nears end, Big B emotional - Nov 11, 2011
- Amitabh wins 'distinguished personality' award - Jun 15, 2011
- Rohit Bal casts Arjun in princely look for Cannes - May 14, 2012
- Sony TV to host Big B's birthday bash - Oct 08, 2010
- Amitabh signs for two more seasons of 'KBC' - Jan 19, 2011
- Big B to host IPL 5 opening ceremony - Mar 19, 2012
- Amitabh proud of common man's Rs.5 crore win on KBC - Oct 26, 2011
- I don't miss John: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Aug 25, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan to host fourth edition of KBC - Jul 08, 2010
- I had no films, no money before KBC: Big B remembers - Sep 29, 2010
- 'KBC 6' opener gets record-breaking 6.1 rating - Sep 12, 2012
- Shahid, Sonam on KBC (Movie Snippets) - Aug 23, 2011
- Punctual Big B says 'sorry' for coming late - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: amitabh bachchan, bigb, family friend, fifth season, french cut, gudda, holiday visits, kaun banega crorepati, kbc, little kid, old star, pet name, quiz show, rohit bal, shah rukh khan, sony entertainment television, talented youngster, third season, who wants to be a millionaire, world of fashion