Item songs inspired Rohan Arora’s footwear line (With Images)August 6th, 2012 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 6 (IANS) Designer Rohan Arora says he wanted to create a longer lasting impression on fashionistas and therefore based his footwear collection on Bollywood item songs.
Arora Monday presented his collection “Item”, which had a range of colourful footwear for men and women including embroidered loafers and sequenced wedges, at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week Winter-Festive 2012. He says that it was inspired by bright and colourful look of Bollywood item numbers.
“The collection is inspired from the item boys and girls of Bollywood. An item song is always remembered even if the film flops, in the same way my shoes will be remembered even if the outfit doesn’t work for you,” Arora said after the show.
His show was followed by Jewellery designer Nitya’s collection titled Nouveau Gypsy from her label Valliyan.
With folk folk music playing in the background, a perfect ambience was created for models who sashayed down the ramp flaunting gold armlets, long chains with gold tassels and hand cuffs.
“My collection is based on the new age Indian gypsy women. Gypsies travel from place to place with all their jewellery on. But the modern Indian woman likes to store them at home. I want to encourage the tradition of travelling with your jewellery,” she explained.
Jewellery designers Kavya and Sasha from the label Outhouse also presented a jewellery collection. Titled Leone d’oro, which means the golden lion, it had strong geometric body armaments for the modern women.
The collection included contemporary gold jewellery with colourful stones and “they signify festivity, strength and fierceness,” the duo said.
The show ended with Tanya Sharma’s garment collection - a mix of men and women wear line - under her label Gaga.
The star of her collection was a colourful dupatta draped like a sari on men’s formal pants and short collared jacket.
- Women celebrities throng Amrapali's show at IIJW - Aug 20, 2010
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Jimmy Choo launches new range of footwear for men - Jan 18, 2011
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- Six showstoppers for Malini Agarwalla's accessory show - Mar 06, 2012
- Rosily Paul impresses with handmade jewellery at IIJW - Aug 01, 2011
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Bollywood girls dazzle in gold at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Designer jewellery lures enthusiasts at an exhibition in Ludhiana - Sep 04, 2010
- Heels with Nakashi work on wood (With Images) - Aug 20, 2011
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Raveena, Pooja Batra add shimmer to Mumbai jewellery exhibition - Aug 29, 2010
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: armaments, boys and girls, fashionistas, festivity, footwear line, gold jewellery, gold tassels, golden lion, gypsy women, hand cuffs, indian gypsy, indian woman, jewellery collection, jewellery designers, kavya, lakme fashion week, loafers, long chains, modern women, outhouse