Is 60 the new 44?January 28th, 2011 - 5:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 28 (ANI): A survey has revealed that people in sixties feel younger - as young as a 44-year-old perhaps.
Not only are they tech savvy and enjoy long holidays abroad but sexagenarians also have the money to spend entertaining themselves or friends, says a study by retirement specialist LV.
And the definition of “old” is different for every age group according to the survey.
18 year olds believe 44 is quite old, but those in 40s believe 67 is when you actually become old, reports the Daily Express.
Those in 50s think you’re over the hill at 71 - but once into 60s they don’t think you’re past it until 73.
Research by private medical insurer Bupa found the over-60s are three times more likely to exercise every day than those in their 20s. (ANI)
- Over-50s travel more than younger sightseers - Feb 18, 2011
- Week long break gives just three days rest because it takes four days to switch off - Jun 15, 2012
- Unhealthy lifestyle 'cutting 12 yrs off average Brit's life' - Mar 09, 2011
- Chinese 'afraid of aging process' - Sep 25, 2010
- Women 'make better managers than men' - Mar 08, 2011
- Britons hoard stuff enough to fill 11 stadiums - Jun 14, 2011
- Jeetesh and Jaini lead Indian charge at SAIL Open golf - Mar 24, 2011
- Halle Berry voted No.1 in fab 40s poll - Mar 20, 2011
- Show your mom you care! - May 11, 2012
- Indians booze the least in the world - Dec 07, 2010
- Walker, Ayouri snuff out Indian challenge - Dec 02, 2011
- iPhone generation find people over 50s as 'friendly, knowledgeable' - Apr 11, 2011
- Study finds disconnect between health and behavior in young adults - May 03, 2011
- Age is a state of mind: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Jun 29, 2011
- Millions to work beyond retirement age in Britain - Nov 25, 2011