Iranian President Ahmadinejad to visit India soon: M K NarayananApril 20th, 2008 - 7:11 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Apr 20 (ANI): National Security Advisor M K Narayanan on Sunday said that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad “will be visiting India soon”.
Narayanan was speaking at the first International Institute of Strategic Studies (IISS)-Citi India Global Forum here.
This will be Ahmadinejad’s maiden visit to India.
Mohammad Khatami was the last Iranian President who visited India in 2003 as the chief guest at the Republic Day parade. The last Indian head of Government who visited Tehran was Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2001.
Last year in February, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee visited Teheran and Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Mehdi Safari came to India in September last year.
India has been keen to tap Iranian energy sources through a trans-national pipeline and LNG contracts. (ANI)
- Iran president to visit India this month - Apr 20, 2008
- Meira Kumar meets Iranian President Ahmadinejad - Nov 05, 2011
- India says treat Iran with respect ahead of Ahmadinejad visit - Apr 20, 2008
- A tough balancing act awaits Manmohan Singh in Tehran - Jul 31, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to visit Iran - Sep 24, 2011
- India bats for UN-led resolution of Syria crisis - Aug 14, 2012
- Manmohan set for high-wire diplomacy in Iran: Oil, trade, Syria on agenda - Aug 12, 2012
- Iran to invest $571 mn in Armenia - Dec 27, 2011
- US downplays Manmohan Singh's visit to Iran - Aug 15, 2012
- Lok Sabha speaker to to visit Iran - Oct 30, 2011
- Amid sanctions pressure, Iran to pitch for expanded India ties - May 30, 2012
- India, Iran cooperation can help regional peace: Ahmadinejad - Nov 07, 2011
- Iranian president calls up Manmohan Singh - May 18, 2012
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- Iran's intelligence minister steps down - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: chief guest, energy sources, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, global forum, institute of strategic studies, international institute of strategic studies, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, mahmoud ahmadinejad, maiden visit, mehdi, mohammad khatami, narayanan, national security advisor, pranab mukherjee, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, republic day, vajpayee, visiting india