International Interfaith Harmony award for Yusuf AliFebruary 14th, 2012 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 14 (IANS) NRI business magnate M.A. Yusuf Ali has been selected for the prestigious Interfaith Harmony Award specially endowed with United Nations’ Interfaith Harmony Week initiatives and observations.
Ali is one of Kerala’s most popular ambassador in the Middle-East on account of his hugely successful business empire and he has been credited with swinging the much-hyped Rs.1,500 crore mega Smart City Kochi IT project being built by Smart City Dubai, in favour of Kerala, when it appeared lost due to differences between the previous Left government and the Dubai promoter.
The International Interfaith Harmony Week, United Nations initiative, seeks to spread the message of harmony and tolerance among the followers of religions, faiths and beliefs.
The award will be presented to Ali March 1 at the International Seminar on Interfaith Harmony and Tolerance held in the International Islamic University Malaysia, Gombak campus at Kuala Lumpur.
This award is the prime attraction of the International Seminar on Interfaith Harmony and Tolerance which is jointly organised by International Islamic University, Malaysia and the Kerala-based Madin Islamic Academy.
In a press release issued here Tuesday, the Madin Islamic Academy said the jury commended Ali as the fittest for this award after considering his social commitments.
“He is the unique one even in the business world, where 27,000 people work together without any discrimination of religion, caste, creed and nationality,” noted the jury.
The World Interfaith Harmony Week was first proposed at the UN General Assembly Sep 23, 2010 by King Abdullah II of Jordan.
On Oct 20, 2010, it was unanimously adopted by the UN and the first week of February will be observed as a World Interfaith Harmony Week.
- Kerala-origin tycoon gets global harmony award - Mar 01, 2012
- Malaysian team to study Kerala mosques - Jan 31, 2011
- Malaysian team to study mosque structures in Kerala (Lead superseding earlier story) - Jan 31, 2011
- Inter-faith harmony dialogue held in Delhi to promote peace - Feb 04, 2011
- Zardari greets Hindus on Diwali - Oct 27, 2011
- Zardari vows to work for interfaith harmony on Easter - Apr 24, 2011
- Pakistan takes up Florida Quran desecration with UN - Mar 23, 2011
- Hindus welcome "World Interfaith Harmony Week" - Feb 03, 2011
- Kerala IT to participate in Dubai GITEX Technology Week 2010 - Oct 14, 2010
- On Diwali, Zardari vows to protect minorities (Lead) - Oct 27, 2011
- US Muslim preacher named Islamic personality of year - Jul 10, 2012
- Kerala director to spend IFFI prize money on Oscar promotion - Dec 03, 2011
- Smart City Kochi, Kerala government to float skill academy - Jan 23, 2012
- Magic can predict future, spread social messages: Indian magician (With Image) - Jun 10, 2011
- First phase of Smart City Kochi project to be commissioned soon - Jun 23, 2011
Tags: abdullah ii, business empire, business magnate, gombak campus, harmony award, international islamic university, international islamic university malaysia, international islamic university malaysia gombak, international seminar, islamic academy, islamic university malaysia, king abdullah ii, king abdullah ii of jordan, nations initiative, prime attraction, smart city, social commitments, thiruvananthapuram, un general assembly, yusuf ali