Information on Brining turkeysNovember 24th, 2011 - 7:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
California, Nov 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As we observe the Thanksgiving, it is important to discuss one of the important traditions of the day – turkey. To prevent the bird from drying, it is important to do what has grown to be called brining.
Brining is derived from the word brine which means salt and water. Brining therefore is placing the turkey in salty water before it is prepared. This keeps the bird from being dry when served. It is always nice to look at the turkey when it is moist.
The first step to brining your bird is defrosting. Unless the animal is a live one which was just killed, it is important to always defrost the turkey to ensure that all the ice have been taken from the animal. Afterwards, wash the animal and place it in a clean container.
To prepare the brine, boil about five gallons of water and add salt. Stir until the salt has dissolved and wait for it to cool down. You may decide to add herbs and other flavors at this stage if you wish to.
Placed the turkey face-down in the brine and ensure that it stays completely submerged for a day or two. If the water gets warmer, it is important to place ice in the water to cool it. it might also be turn the animal one or two times during the period.
- Hotline Of Butterball Is Accessible Now For The Preparation Of Scrumptious Turkeys - Nov 25, 2010
- It's Time To Roast The Turkey! - Nov 25, 2010
- Tips To Cook A Turkey To Perfection On Thanksgiving - Nov 21, 2010
- Go for 'desi coolers' this Holi - Mar 07, 2012
- The biggest turkey mistakes that you need to avoid on Thanksgiving - Nov 11, 2010
- Tips To Avoid The Biggest Turkey Mistakes - Nov 11, 2010
- Antarctic-like salty, water sucking soil could exist on Mars too - Feb 28, 2012
- Stuffing Recipes Create Buzz On The Web Before Thanksgiving - Nov 22, 2010
- Some fruity, flavoured summer drinks (To go with summer drinks story) - May 23, 2011
- Thanksgiving Dilemma Numero Uno: How Long To Cook A Turkey - Nov 25, 2010
- Feasting on Holi delicacies (Recipes) - Mar 06, 2012
- Butterball Turkey Paves Way For Healthy Turkey Dishes - Nov 25, 2010
- Recipes by celebrity NRI chef Vikas Khanna (To go with: 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra) - May 08, 2012
- Rachael Ray: Extreme Couponing, Salma Hayek - Sep 21, 2011
- How heat is transported to Greenland glaciers - Mar 29, 2011