Indore girl wins Miss Asia Pacific 2012 (With Images)June 19th, 2012 - 2:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) Himangini Singh Yadu, who represented India at the Miss Asia Pacific 2012, has won the international title. She is the first one to win the crown in 12 years.
The beauty pageant was held in Busan, South Korea, Saturday.
“This is a dream come true! All the hard work, time and effort that my mentors have put in with me has paid off,” said Himangini said in a statement.
She has been selected by I AM She, a national beauty pageant, started in 2010, which sends its winner to Miss Universe and Miss Asia Pacific pageants.
“I am extremely thankful to the entire I AM She team and Sushmita Sen… I couldn’t have done it without them! I am extremely thrilled at making them and India proud,” Himangini said.
Ever since I AM She came into being, this is the first time their candidate has won an international title and Sushmita, founder of the organisation, is delighted with the victory.
“We did it! The entire team is extremely happy and very proud of Himangini for winning the international title… She has so beautifully represented India and won us back that sweet taste of victory,” said the former Miss Universe.
Model-turned-actress Dia Mirza was the last Indian to win the Miss Asia Pacific title in the year 2000.
Himangini Singh Yadu is a BCA graduate from Indore’s International Institute of Professional Studies. She was also crowned Miss Indore in 2006 and has since walked the ramp at various fashion shows.
- Sushmita hails Himangini's win as best gift - Jun 22, 2012
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Preity thanks SRK, Manisha Koirala 'Dil se' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sushmita congratulates Parul for bringing honour to India (With Images) - Dec 28, 2011
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- India makes it to top five at Miss Asia Pacific World - Oct 16, 2011
- Hard work finally paid off: India's Miss Asia Pacific finalist - Oct 17, 2011
- Madhuri, Sushmita honoured for excellence - Jun 26, 2012
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- Vasuki Sunkavalli is Miss Universe India 2011 - Jul 16, 2011
- Being beauty queen is about having character: Sushmita Sen - Jul 02, 2011
- I want to do a raunchy item number: Sushmita (With image) - Jul 13, 2011
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Dia, Prachi recall their mothers' selfless love - May 12, 2012
- Fiji gets new Indian beauty queen - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: actress, busan south korea, dia mirza, entire team, mentors, miss asia pacific, miss universe, national beauty pageant, New Delhi, pageants, professional studies, ramp, south korea, sushmita sen, sweet taste, universe model, victory, work time, yadu, year 2000