India’s Kanishtha Dhankhar out of Miss World 2012November 7th, 2011 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 6 (IANS) India’s hope of winning the Miss World title for the sixth time came crashing down Sunday evening as Miss India World Kanishtha Dhankhar failed to make it to the top 25.
The Mumbai-based model has walked the ramp for designers like Rohit Bal and Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
Model-turned actress Priyanka Chopra was the last Indian model to win the title in 2000.
The gala event kicked off with dynamic performance by British Street Dance Troup “Diversity”, followed by the introduction of the Miss World contestants.
- Miss World 2011: Kanishtha Dhankhar fails to make it to top 25 - Nov 07, 2011
- Kanishtha Dhankhar crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2011 - Apr 15, 2011
- Right attitude can help win Miss India title: Manasvi Mamgai - Apr 14, 2011
- No favouritism at beauty pageants: Miss Earth Nicole Faria - Nov 14, 2011
- New Miss India wants to uplift rural masses - Apr 19, 2011
- Jalandhar girl wins Femina Miss India World title - Mar 31, 2012
- Foreign models shine on Indian ramp - designers tell you why - Mar 04, 2011
- Tinu Verghis bids adieu to modelling industry (With Image) - Feb 21, 2012
- Wah Taj! Unique project on monument to be launched soon - Mar 21, 2012
- India's Manasvi Mamgai out of Miss World pageant - Oct 30, 2010
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Priyanka Chopra named India's Best Dressed - Oct 08, 2011
- Beauty queens come together to celebrate womanhood - May 07, 2012
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Katy wants to raid Priyanka's closet (Movie Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: actress priyanka, dance troup, designers, diversity, dynamic performance, gala event, india world, indian model, london, miss india, miss world contestants, miss world title, priyanka chopra, ramp, rohit bal, sabyasachi mukherjee, sixth time, street dance, sunday evening