Indians booze the least in the worldDecember 7th, 2010 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 7 (IANS) Indians drink the least in the world, with just 27 percent ever having a tipple - compared with the international average of 71 percent, says a survey.
The survey found that Britons, from whom Indians imbibed their taste for a drink, are the booziest people - around 84 percent are drinkers, way ahead of the lowest ranking, India.
The survey found nearly one in 10 Britons admits to drinking every day - almost twice the number in France.
Around 41 percent of Britons drink regularly, more than the nearest rivals in Australia, 27 percent, and the international average of 17 percent, the Daily Mail reports.
Around one in three Britons exercises for less than an hour a week, and one in four smokes.
Britain is fourth in the obesity league, with obesity rates at 33 percent, after the US which tops the table with 53 percent, Mexico 44 percent and Australia 34 percent.
Annabel Bentley of Bupa Health and Wellbeing said: “It’s shocking to see us trailing behind so many other countries when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle.”
- Britain is the world's booziest nation! - Dec 07, 2010
- Survey Deems That Britain Is The World's Booziest Nation - Dec 07, 2010
- Unhealthy lifestyle 'cutting 12 yrs off average Brit's life' - Mar 09, 2011
- Online self-diagnosis poses a health risk - Jan 04, 2011
- Britain is the world's booziest nation - Dec 07, 2010
- Britons spend a year of their lives in the pub - Aug 04, 2012
- 1 in 5 Brits opens up about true feelings while online - May 23, 2010
- Here's why Guinness tastes better in Ireland than anywhere else on earth - Mar 08, 2011
- Tourists to London might be foxed by local language - Jul 17, 2012
- Live longer with three glasses of alcohol - Sep 09, 2010
- Female moderate drinkers at lower obesity risk than teetotalers - Mar 09, 2010
- 'Sahaja Yoga fosters better health' - May 14, 2012
- A Glass of wine a day to keep flab away - Aug 18, 2011
- More Britons say they are happy: Survey - Jul 24, 2012
- Brit girls as young as 11 are binge drinking as much as boys - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: australia, bentley, booze, daily mail, exercises, health and wellbeing, India, indians, living a healthy lifestyle, mail reports, mexico, obesity rates, rivals, survey found that, three britons, world london