Indian video encyclopedia launches exclusive index pages for Ayurveda and massageMarch 26th, 2008 - 4:42 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, Mar 26 (ANI/Business Wire India): The web based Indian video encyclopedia www.indiavideo.org launches exclusive index pages for Ayurveda and massage. The portal aims at providing information to the students of Ayurveda and travellers and tourists who visit India for Ayurvedic treatment.
Though Ayurveda massage is the most popular form of Indian massage, Kalari massage or the massage practices by Kalari Gurus, the masters of ancient martial art form of Kalaripayattu is equally important and popular. The index pages contain video clips of all these schools and methods of massage.
Ayurveda, the Indian medical science, which dates back to the Indus valley civilization, is one of the major medical systems followed in India even today. Ayurveda uses herbal medicines mostly and offers solutions even for diseases such as paralysis, backache, diabetic neuropathy and the like.
Many of the advocates of modern medicine term Ayurveda as an alternative or complementary medicine. But it is to be noted that Ayurveda developed as a full-fledged system of medicine millennia before modern medicine was composed and continues even today as a complete system of medicine.
Among Indian massages, Ayurvedic massage is the most popular one. In Ayurveda, medicated herbal oils and herbal powders are used for this. Kalaripayattu, the martial art form of Kerala, India, has developed its own treatment methods and massages which can be seen in the video.
In Kalari treatment too, specially prepared herbal oils are used. Special massages are done as part of the training programs of Kathakali and Kutiyattam, the classical dance forms of Kerala, India. These help in improving the flexibility of the bodies of students who learn the art forms. However, the method of massage followed in Ayurveda is totally different from the internationally popular massage systems, followed in Thailand. (ANI)
- Kerala to take ayurveda tourism to next level (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Kerala mulls tax concession on ayurveda medicines - Feb 13, 2012
- It is time India reached out to ayurvedic diaspora: Wellness expert - Aug 17, 2010
- Himachal promoting herb culture: Dhumal - Feb 04, 2012
- This monsoon, head for Kerala's healing ayurveda touch - Apr 06, 2010
- Bengal to focus on ayurveda - Jul 12, 2011
- Ayurveda centre opens at Indian mission in Trinidad - Jul 30, 2012
- India-China martial arts meet at Shaolin temple - Jun 21, 2010
- What feeds Ramdev's lifestyle empire - Jun 09, 2011
- Martial arts display marks Sino-India diplomatic ties - Jul 12, 2010
- India showcases traditional martial arts at Games closing - Oct 14, 2010
- Ayurveda treatment goes hi-tech - Feb 12, 2012
- Ayurvedic spa packages ready for Games tourists (With Images) - Sep 15, 2010
- India for global recognition of Ayurveda, Unani - Aug 08, 2012
- India wins patent dispute against China for flu medicine - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: ancient martial art, ayurveda, classical dance, complementary medicine, dance forms, diabetic neuropathy, herbal medicines, herbal oils, herbal powders, index pages, indian medical science, indus valley civilization, kalaripayattu, kathakali, kerala india, massage ayurveda, massage systems, medical systems, modern medicine, video encyclopedia