Indian sand artist selected for Moscow championshipApril 15th, 2011 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, April 15 (IANS) Orissa-based artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has been selected to represent India at the third world sand sculpture championship to be held in Moscow May 4-11.
“The theme of the sculpture is masterpieces of Italian art,” Pattnaik told IANS over phone from Puri, 56 km from here.
Artists from nine other countries — Russia, Italy, Iceland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Holland, Ukraine, Belgium, and Spain — are participating in the competition, he added.
“I received the official invitation today (Friday) from the chairman of the selection committee,” he said.
The height of the sculpture will be 2.5 meters, he said.
“I will try to send a social message through my sculpture.”
Pattnaik has participated in more than 37 international sand sculpture championships across the globe and has won many awards.
- Orissa sculptor wins prize in Moscow - May 16, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Indian sand artist wins prize in Denmark (With Image) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sand artist wins gold in Moscow for Raj Kapoor sculpture - May 06, 2010
- A huge sand cake for Sachin! - Apr 22, 2011
- Huge sand cake for birthday boy Sachin (With Image) - Apr 23, 2011
- Sand image on beach in Hazare's support - Aug 13, 2011
- Indian artist to create climate change sculpture in Japan - Jan 22, 2012
- Sudarsan Pattnaik's sand sculpture on global warming wins Berlin contest (With Image) - Aug 01, 2010
- Sand artist creates image on earth quake - Sep 20, 2011
- Sandy tribute to Japan tsunami victims (With Images) - Mar 12, 2011
- Sand artist Pattnaik conferred honorary doctorate - May 02, 2012
- Sand artist pays tribute to Dev Anand - Dec 05, 2011
- Odisha artist makes ailing Big B's sand image (With Image) - Feb 19, 2012
- Sudarsan wins people's choice prize in Canada (With Images) - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: belgium, bhubaneswar, bulgaria, czech republic, globe, holland, India, international sand, invitation, italy, masterpieces of italian art, moscow, orissa, russia, sand sculpture, selection committee, social message, spain, third world, ukraine