Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening dayMay 25th, 2012 - 4:08 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 25 (IANS) Culture, crafts and Bollywood dominated the opening day of Rajasthan Fashion Week (RFW) here, with upcoming designers showcasing their work and actors Vivek Oberoi, Kainaz Motiwala and Zayed Khan adding the glamour quotient.
The three-day fashion fiesta started Thursday. It was inaugurated by Vivek, who looked dapper in an outfit designed by Rohit Kamra.
Later, he even walked as the showstopper for designer Kirti Rathore, who gave him a peach blazer and jodhpurs to flaunt. Rathore’s collection was a mix of earthy and neon shades on jodhpurs and drape kurtas.
Through this collection, Rathore supported an NGO, RAYS - Aasha Ki Ek Kiran, for the welfare of HIV-afflicted children. Some kids from the organisation also walked along with Vivek and the designer.
“It’s been nice to walk for a cause. This gives me relief. But yes, I also loved what Kirti has designed for me. I personally like well-fitted classic suits or a jodhpuri pant,” Vivek told IANS.
The day began with fashion designer Kanwaljeet Singh’s collection, which highlighted the classic retro trend of 1980s. He paid a tribute to colours and culture of India through flowing drapes. Colourful headgears in red, black, neons and paprika made his collection come alive.
Daniel Syiem, another emerging designer, showcased a collection that was minimalistic, yet elegant. From dresses to long flowy gowns in bright and earthy tones, the designer grabbed eyeballs for his creativity and design aesthetics.
He had a showstopper in Kainaz, last seen “Ragini MMS”. She loved what the designer gave her to wear.
Mumbai-based designer Lina Tipnis used lots of drapes and motifs to make her collection look sensuous and glamorous. While designer Shaahid Amir showcased a melange of menswear and womenswear garments with Zayed walking as the showstopper.
Designer Rohit Verma, who was seen as a participant in reality show “Bigg Boss 3″, showcased a collection replete with applique work on saris, suits and jodhpurs. More than just the collection, he grabbed attention because of his unique presentation.
The show saw choreographer Sandip Soparrkar and wife Jesse Randhawa take to the ramp as showstoppers. But their appearance was unique.
It started with Soparrkar’s dance performance, and he was later joined by Randhawa on the ramp. After presenting more than 30 outfits, the show ended on a high note when Verma himself came dancing and posed for shutterbugs.
All in all, the first day of RFW was full of glamour and fashion, but sans a fashionable crowd.
- From glamour to business, Rajasthan Fashion Week promises to be grand - May 23, 2012
- 'Big Boss' gave me recognition as designer: Rohit Verma (With Images) - May 26, 2012
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- Designers, not celebrities in focus at LFW (Rerview) - Mar 07, 2012
- Shahid, Priyanka's 'Uff' moment at IIFA Rocks - Jun 09, 2012
- Sharmila Tagore to walk for Ashima-Leena at DCW (With Image) - Aug 05, 2012
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- If Deepika Padukone has a Christian wedding - Oct 11, 2011
- Dabangg girl Sonakshi Sinha trips off ramp at Bangalore's fashion show - Sep 27, 2010
- Men's week high on fashion, low on glamour (Review) - Aug 30, 2010
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: culture of india, design aesthetics, earthy tones, fashion designer, fashion fiesta, fashion week, glamour quotient, headgears, jodhpurs, kainaz, kamra, kanwaljeet, kurtas, motiwala, rathore, retro trend, showstopper, vivek oberoi, womenswear, zayed khan