Indian designer to show at London’s art gallery (With Image)July 21st, 2011 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) Indian designer Amit GT, who styled for the likes of Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor, is set to showcase at the Saatchi Gallery in London.
The designer will exhibit his pre-spring Summer 2012 collection for three days starting Aug 7.
“It is an arts meet fashion event for trend defining designers and luxury brands. There will be a list of international icons in design industry like Vivienne Westwood, and brands like Kenzo, Pucci, Valentino, Givenchy who will be showing alongside,” Amit told IANS.
The designer, who was showered with appreciation and accolades soon after launching his own prêt label called Senses by Amit GT in January 2003, has participated in fashion weeks at Paris, Milan, London and Dubai.
However, making collection for the art gallery is a challenge for him.
“The biggest challenge in designing this collection was to how I could use my recent love affair with minimal chic in myriad ways to suit different moods and occasions. I wanted to design a complete wardrobe for women who like fuss free yet elegant looks which they can wear for day or for chic evenings or when they take some time off for a luxe safari,” said the designer.
“I wanted to create eclectic wardrobe so that they don’t have to follow same look each day. There are prints in the collection that were inspired by exotic flora and fauna or there are hand-painted intriguing prints or abstracts that take you on a galactic trail but all of them have a sense of escapism,” he added.
Apart from this, the designer is also busy with Bollywood projects and other international assignments.
“I have styled for celebrities like Katrina (Kaif), Deepika(Padukone), Kareena (Kapoor) and considering some more projects, which will increase my reach and clientele. Also, there are many socialites like Queeny Dhodhy, Feroz Gujral, Gayatri Oberoi who wears and appreciates my clothes,” he said.
“There is an exhibition in Louvre during Paris fashion week, next season, and then Wills Lifestyle India Fashion week. Besides that there will be many events we are holding in various countries in Europe,” he added.
- Rosario Dawson flaunts Amit GT's design (With Images) - Aug 22, 2012
- Bollywood Gals Sport The Desi Look! - May 29, 2010
- Kareena named Bollywood's sexiest woman - Feb 24, 2011
- Designing for 'Cocktail' was easy: Anaita Shroff (With Image) - Jul 08, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Designer Amit GT to head to Paris with 150 designs - Sep 21, 2010
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Chic outfits in bold avtars to dominate 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Dressing up Bipasha, Deepika, Katrina fun: Gauri-Nainika (Interview) - Mar 14, 2011
- Bollywood losing its grip on popular fashion? - May 24, 2011
- Priyanka named India's Glam Diva (With Images) - Mar 21, 2012
- Anushka, John have best bikini body in India: Poll - Jul 27, 2012
- Salman Khan And Katrina Kaif Are The Most Downloaded Bollywood Celebrities - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Elizabethan Era' inspires Shantanu-Nikhil (With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
- Ankita Chaudhry to debut at Paris' Pret a Porter (With images) - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: amit, deepika padukone, escapism, fashion event, fashion weeks, flora and fauna, givenchy, international assignments, kareena kapoor, katrina kaif, kenzo, love affair, luxury brands, moods, oberoi, pucci, saatchi gallery, socialites, spring summer, vivienne westwood