Indian American designer at Dubai Fashion WeekOctober 20th, 2011 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) The Dubai Fashion Week (DFW) has for the first time invited an Indian American fashion designer, Parna Ghose, to display her ethnic Indian collection.
DFW Spring Summer 2012 is being held at The Arena, Dubai World Trade Center, Oct 20-24 and Ghosh, who designs under her label Pure Elegance, will showcase her couture collection in the grand finale.
“My primary clientele is modern, successful South Asian women. They are constantly balancing between their external existences in professional life with their internal values at home, with families and in social environments,” Ghose said in a statement.
“My goal is to help them manage this disparity and strike a balance through style and fashion,” she added.
Pure Elegance is the first design house ever from the US to be invited to showcase ethnic Indian fashion like sarees, lehengas, salwars at a major international fashion show.
The model lineup for her collection includes international names like Charlotte Lohmann, Samantha Harris and others.
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Parna Ghose to showcase at Vancouver Fashion Week (With Image) - Mar 20, 2012
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Mixing styles: Ravi Bajaj set for Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 17, 2011
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sonam, Shabana make their way to DCW (Lead with correction in second para) - Aug 10, 2012
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- Traditional apparels dominate fourth day of Chennai Fashion Week - Jul 11, 2010
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- Delhi Couture Week grand finale to feature Sabyasachi - Jul 29, 2012
- Indian designer to show at London's art gallery (With Image) - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: american fashion designer, couture collection, dfw, disparity, fashion week, ghosh, grand finale, indian fashion, internal values, international fashion, international names, lohmann, model lineup, professional life, pure elegance, salwars, samantha harris, social environments, south asian women, spring summer