India gets its first online art fairSeptember 14th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) Art fairs in India are entering digital space. The country’s first online art fair, India Art Collective, will be held Nov 19-26, a private art promotion platform, Burgundy Art Pvt. Ltd., announced Wednesday.
India Art Collective co-founder and director Sapna Kar said: “India Art Collective will allow collectors and art lovers to discover a vast collection and newest trends at a single location from any place.”
“Some of the most reputed galleries in the country will ensure that collectors can book and buy from an inventory from a high quality of modern and contemporary Indian art,” she added.
According to Sunil Gautam, advisory board member of India Art Collective, an online art fair is an exciting way to make technology interplay with aesthetics and commerce.
“It promises to make the discovery of art easier and less intimidating,” he added.
Some of the participating galleries of repute include Chemould Prescott Road, Nature Morte, Gallery SKE, Sakshi Art Gallery, Vadhera Art Gallery, Gallery Espace, Apparao Galleries, Akar Prakar, Palette, Latitude 28, Tao Art Gallery, The Guild and the Experimenter.
The online art fair will be held twice annually.
- Artist Damien Hirst to attend India Art Fair - Sep 05, 2011
- 34 international galleries at third India Art Summit - Jul 20, 2010
- Spotlight on M.F. Husain, price consciousness (Art Fair Review) - Jan 30, 2012
- Where Indian art meets global creativity (With Image) - Jan 26, 2012
- Four Indian galleries, Husain tribute at Art Dubai 2012 (With Image) - Jan 17, 2012
- Indian contemporary art market focus of Spanish art fair - Feb 08, 2009
- Indian footprint growing in Art Dubai - Feb 05, 2012
- Melange of colours at India Art Festival - Nov 19, 2011
- Art collectors' tribe growing in India (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Fifth India Art Fair from Jan 31 - Jul 18, 2012
- Jehangir Sabavala, a modernist creator of tranquil scenes (Obit) - Sep 03, 2011
- Indian art collectors' space getting new look - Jan 29, 2012
- Ethnic Gond art finds exclusive boutique on high street (With Images) - Jul 30, 2011
- NGMA gets a new parallel address on Google Art Project - Apr 10, 2012
- South Asian art to find new platform at first Dhaka summit - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,