Imagination meets simplicity and beauty at LFWSeptember 18th, 2010 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 18 (IANS) Three designers presented completely diverse collections and distinctive levels of creativity in the same show on the second day of the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Saturday.
The show started with the artistic and abstract collection of Shilpa Chavan under her label Little Shilpa.
“The idea behind my line was the invitation to voyage, which is like a dreamland. I have used a lot of see-through fabrics, LED lights and laces to make it look pure and honest,” Chavan told IANS.
“This show was like my canvas and the clothes my art. They hinted towards an eutopian line,” she added.
In this show, both male and female models were seen sporting enlarged and elaborate headgear and wacky designs.
In the other segment of the show, audiences including ace designers Hemant Trivedi, Ritu Kumar and Narendra Kumar witnessed a more subtle, classic and simple line of apparels.
This collection by Sailex, presented models sashaying down the ramp in primarily dresses and skirts made with textures like chiffon, velvet and crepe.
“My line dealt with a very simple concept of the duality in a woman. It showed the both positive and negative side of a person,” he revealed.
While the fabrics were very feminine, the colour palette was not far behind with classic black, magenta, gold, lilac, blue and beige.
Then came in a collection brought together by Shradha Murarka and Ninon Palisse for fashion house Vizyon. The line titled “Enchanting Nymphs” exuded sensuality and was feminine to the core.
It consisted bloomed evening gowns and petal-shaped dresses with a goddess-like look inspired by flowing and curvilinear shapes. The colours used ranged from purple and green to white.
“The Vizyon look this season is whimsical and sophisticated - a style statement which is a celebration of femininity and womanhood,” said Murarka.
- LFW: Jatin Verma, Vizyon showcase a glamorous, gothic collection - Aug 04, 2012
- Walking the ramp as difficult as playing: Pankaj Advani - Mar 05, 2010
- Jacqueline dislikes Bollywood celebs on the ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week - Day 2 Showcases Young Talent - Sep 22, 2010
- 'Shootout At Wadala' inspires designer's gangster-based line - Aug 07, 2012
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
- Mallya Junior attends LFW show sans Deepika Padukone - Mar 14, 2011
- Shahab Durazi, Arjun Khanna collections steal show at Couture Week - Oct 11, 2010
- Indian designer Ritesh Kumar at Milan Fashion Week - Sep 25, 2011
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Shilpa, Chitrangada mesmerise at WIFW finale - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: abstract collection, chavan, colour palette, curvilinear shapes, duality, evening gowns, fashion house, female models, femininity, headgear, laces, lakme fashion week, narendra kumar, nymphs, palisse, ritu kumar, sensuality, simplicity and beauty, style statement, wacky designs