IGNOU opens admission for three visual arts coursesJuly 12th, 2012 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 12 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has started the admission process for three courses in visual arts with an aim to develop creative and aesthetics sensibilities of the students, an official said Thursday.
The three visual arts certificate programmes in painting, applied art and sculpture can be pursued by those who have passed their 10th standard board exam, said the varsity.
“The programmes aim at imparting basic knowledge and skill of drawing, developing applied and design skills and understanding and use of material and technique to create expressive sculptures in turn inculcating creativity, precision and use of tool and materials,” it said.
“The programme also helps to develop self-observation, visualisation and self-motivation to create an art work.”
The last date to submit forms for the courses is Jul y 30, 2012.
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU's online course in optics - Dec 07, 2011
- IGNOU to launch centre for disabled - Oct 16, 2011
- IGNOU to spread e-literacy at grassroots level - Jul 26, 2011
- IGNOU signs MoUs with three Chinese varsities - Jun 02, 2011
- IGNOU, FDDI launch 8 new courses - May 03, 2011
- IGNOU trains teachers to develop online courses - Aug 13, 2011
- IGNOU inks pact to promote indigenous knowledge - Jul 12, 2011
- Tagore's 150th birth anniversary celebrated at IGNOU - May 12, 2011
- IGNOU opens admissions for biodiversity programme - Sep 02, 2012
- IGNOU's preparatory course for students desiring higher education - Jun 14, 2012
- IGNOU launches programmes in Chinese - Jul 07, 2011
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
- IGNOU launches five new courses on gender and development - Jun 21, 2011
- IGNOU launches courses for nurses, teachers, parents - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: admission, aesthetics, aim, art work, basic knowledge, creativity, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, last date, national open university, New Delhi, sculpture, sculptures, self motivation, self observation, sensibilities, varsity, visual arts courses, visualisation