IAFs MiG-29 aircraft crashes near Jamnagar, pilot safeSeptember 1st, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
Jamnagar, Sept 1 (ANI): A MiG-29 aircraft of Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed near Jamnagar today during a training sortie.
The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Dheer ejected out safely.
The aircraft had got airborne from Jamnagar air base and was on a routine training-flying mission. The crash took place at around 11:50 p.m.
An inquiry has been ordered to investigate the reasons for the accident.
This is the sixth IAF aircraft to crash this year. Five crashes involved a MiG-27, two MiG-21s, a Hawk Advanced Jet Trainer and a Kiran trainer have taken place this year. A pilot was killed in one of the crashes. (ANI)
- MiG-21 crashes in Punjab, pilot safe - Sep 06, 2011
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Accident-prone MiG-21 to be flown only by experienced pilots: IAF - Sep 01, 2011
- New simulators for training air force pilots - May 09, 2012
- Fighter jet crashes in northwestern India, killing the pilot - Aug 02, 2011
- Yet another MiG-21 crashes, pilot bails out - Oct 07, 2011
- IAF MiG-27 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot safe (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- IAF's MiG fighter crashes, pilot safe (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- IAF plane crashes near Chennai, pilots safe (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, both pilots safe - Feb 24, 2012
- MiG crashes due to pilots' inexperience: IAF chief - Oct 08, 2011
- IAF loses another MiG-21, pilot safe (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2010
- IAF Mirage combat jet crashes, pilots safely bail out (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- MiG fighter crashes in Punjab, pilot safe (Lead) - Jun 15, 2010
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots eject safely (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012