I couldn’t do what young designers do: Marc JacobsJune 2nd, 2011 - 4:46 am ICT by IANS
London, June 2 (IANS) Louis Vuitton creative director Marc Jacobs has praised young talents in the fashion industry, particularly Taiwanese designer Alex Wang.
“People ask me about the younger designers, Alex Wang and all of them, I think they’re great. I couldn’t do what they do. It’s not what I do,” contactmusic.com quoted Jacobes as saying.
“But just like in pop music and in the art world, people always want new work from the artist that they like but they also want new artists. I don’t think one changes the other. There’s always room for new designers, new musicians, new artists, new writers. Madonna, I don’t think is showing any signs of slowing down, but that doesn’t mean Lady Gaga isn’t taking over the world,” he added.
- Dont mix fashion with politics: Marc Jacobs - Jul 21, 2012
- Louis Vuitton to collaborate with Yayoi Kusama - May 24, 2012
- Jacobs happy at Vuitton - Oct 08, 2011
- Marc Jacobs heading for Dior? - Aug 14, 2011
- Sofia hates 'style icon' tag - Dec 17, 2010
- Marc Jacobs to make film debut - Nov 03, 2011
- Madonna accused of plagiarism - Feb 14, 2012
- Lady Gaga is the next Madonna, says 'Telephone' director - Mar 18, 2010
- JLo defends age gap with beau - Mar 17, 2012
- Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection - Feb 17, 2012
- Tom Ford likes provocative designs - Dec 11, 2011
- Madonna's penchant to date younger men is 'creepy', says estranged bro - Jan 25, 2011
- Freedom, bondage hand-in-hand for Kashmiri designer (With Images) - Aug 04, 2012
- There are no bad trends in fashion: Marc Jacobs - Apr 20, 2010
- Madge becomes new face of Louis Vuitton - Dec 05, 2008