‘How to have sex’ is most searched ‘how to’ topics on GoogleJuly 5th, 2010 - 5:31 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, July 5 (ANI): ‘How to have sex’ turned out to be the most popular “how to” Google search carried out by Australians in the last three months.And the second most searched topic turned out to be “how to kiss”.
In fact, girls also asked Google how to get someone to like them and men wanting to know how to ask a woman out.
Experts say it shows that shy teens and twenty-somethings are now turning to the Internet rather than their friends for intimate love lessons.
And if you thought sex education stops there, then you are wrong, for “how to get pregnant” was the 17th most popular search.
Apart from the bedroom, ‘how to lose weight’, ‘get a six-pack’ and ‘make comfort food like pancakes’ made it to the top 10 topics concerning Aussies.
Facebook also seems to have its users confused, with searches for deleting and creating fan pages on the site running high along with, worryingly, those on how to hack a user’s account.
In fact, large numbers of Aussies turned to the net for advice on writing a cover letter, resume or just ways of making money.
Yet making paper planes, writing a biography and solving the Rubik’s cube also proved distracting and had many searching for answers.
Experian Hitwise research director Alan Long, who is involved in tracking about three million websites daily, said the search list showed how the internet was increasingly becoming a confidant for the younger generation.
“They ask things that they wouldn’t ask their friends,” News.com.au quoted Long as saying.
“The wrap-up is pretty similar to the international (search list) but in a slightly different order,” he added. (ANI)
- Facebook topples Google as the most visited website in US in 2010 - Jan 01, 2011
- Facebook 'more popular than porn with UK Internet users' - Mar 19, 2011
- Now, Google tracking our each online move? - Mar 29, 2012
- Google to include personal email in web search results - Aug 09, 2012
- Internet users wary of backdoor snooping - Mar 19, 2012
- What's happening to your Google search engine? - Sep 20, 2010
- Rubik's cube can be solved in just 20 moves - Aug 12, 2010
- Google unveils social network to challenge Facebook - Jun 29, 2011
- Many 'cyberchondriacs' misdiagnose themselves via Google, say Oz docs - Jan 31, 2011
- Google revamps to keep 'low-quality' sites at bay - Feb 26, 2011
- Facebook Passes Google In Time Spent By The Users - Sep 12, 2010
- Google search to answer queries now - Mar 15, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- 'Google killer' search engine to 'clean up web searches' - Nov 06, 2010
- Facebook Passes Google as Most-Viewed Site in US - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: australians, comfort food, confidant, cover letter resume, facebook, fan pages, friends news, google, how to have sex, international search, large numbers, pancakes, paper planes, research director, rubik s cube, sex education, shy teens, six pack, writing a cover letter, younger generation