Heres how to get cheeks like Angelina JolieMay 28th, 2008 - 6:07 pm ICT by admin
Washington, May 28 (ANI): Want cheeks like Angelina Jolie? Well, then all you need to do is add volume to the deep fat compartment located within your cheek.
A new study has found that the deep fat compartment is vital to a youthful-looking face.
Rejuvenating or returning volume to this fat compartment not only makes the cheek more youthful, but also improves volume loss under the eyes, helps eliminate parentheses lines around the nose and mouth and gives more curve to the upper lip essentially restoring a youthful appearance to the overall face.
Adding volume rather than lifting is not a revolutionary concept in plastic surgery. But the idea that restoring volume to deep cheek fat will affect so many areas of the face is a breakthrough in our understanding of how to better treat facial aging, said Joel Pessa, MD, ASPS Member Surgeon and study co-author.
For the study, Pessa and colleagues injected 14 cadavers with dye to identify the deep cheek fat compartment, which is located underneath the fat beneath the skin.
After latex was injected into the compartment, which then set overnight, the researchers located the boundaries of the fat compartment, as well as the compartments relationship with adjacent muscles.
They identified three additional fat compartments in the face.
According to the study, volume loss to the deep cheek fat compartment results in hollowing of the face.
It further noted that volume loss of the deep cheek fat compartment could be the determining factor in much of what a person observes as aging in the midface.
Researchers found that when the volume was restored deep within the cheek, using fat, tissue fillers or an implant, improvement in the hollowing of the face became apparent immediately.
The study noted that finally, when the injection was done correctly into the fat compartment, a smaller volume of fat or filler was needed.
The researchers concluded that many other compartments of fat remain to be identified in the face and human body.
However, the finding that adding volume to particular facial compartments results in highly specific, predictable and immediate results, brings plastic surgeons closer to fighting facial aging in an algorithmic or step-by-step way.
The study is published in Junes Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). (ANI)
- Here's how to get yourself some sexy celeb cheeks - Jun 25, 2008
- Cheek fat will wipe years off your face - May 28, 2008
- Now, look younger without going under the knife: Study - Aug 06, 2010
- Looking young with dermal fillers - Sep 13, 2011
- Being thin is what ages us most - Mar 31, 2009
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- Your mother's face can tell how you'll age - Oct 25, 2009
- Customised bone replacements to uplift facial surgery - Jul 13, 2010
- Even facial bones show signs of aging - Jan 04, 2011
- Reconstructive surgery takes engineering cue for facelift - Jul 13, 2010
- Nocedure-the better botox sans the telltale signs - Dec 29, 2010
- Doc warns 'pillow-faced' Jordan of paralysis if she doesn't lay off surgery - Jun 17, 2010
- Fat a key tool in facial reconstruction - Oct 26, 2009
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- New injectable facial fillers improve comfort, speed up recovery - Oct 29, 2009
Tags: angelina jolie, asps member surgeon, boundaries, cadavers, cheek, cheeks, co author, curve, dye, fillers, hollowing, latex, muscles, parentheses, pessa, plastic surgery, revolutionary concept, upper lip, volume loss, youthful appearance