Here comes the - botox - brideJuly 13th, 2012 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) Busy with establishing their careers, an increasing number of women are choosing to get married in their 30s and even 40s. Looking good is a must and it is a botox jab that guarantees glowing skin on D-Day for many of these women.
Skin experts say botox brides are definitely the trend.
According to a survey conducted by a leading matrimonial site, 65 percent of girls in the city are not in a hurry to get married. Of them, almost half, about 45 percent, go for botox treatment, say industry insiders.
“Everyone is conscious about their skin and appearance and it leads to a huge demand for bridal botox treatments. Women plan their wedding and cosmetic treatments well in advance with the help of experts. They do a botox trial run about three-four months ahead of the wedding day,” Delhi-based cosmetic dermatologist Vandana Chatrath told IANS.
Usually, brides-to-be opt for botox treatment to get rid of frown lines, crow’s feet, eyebrow shaping, face contouring and the most embarrassing problem - excessive underarm sweating.
Said Rashmi Shetty, a cosmetic physician based in Mumbai: “The most popular botox treatment among brides is treatment for hyperhidrosis (controlling excessive sweating). No bride wants to don a sweaty patch under her armpit especially on her wedding day and in her wedding pictures.”
The second most popular treatment, she said, is brow lift as it “leaves you with desirable arch and gives you a lively and happy look”.
Another sought after treatment is for open pores. Explaining the procedure, Shetty told IANS: “Brides are made to sit under spotlight for hours on their wedding day and their wider pores make their skin look sticky and tired. To deal with the problem, a micro-injection is given to tighten the skin and the result is a glowing firm look.”
It costs a packet, but for these new breed of multi-tasking women who are financially sound, it doesn’t really matter. Cost depends on the units of botox used for various treatments. The price range starts from Rs.5,000 and goes up to Rs.40,000.
So, yes, brides definitely have a variety of alternative treatments to choose from.
K.M. Kapoor, a plastic surgeon in Chandigarh, said one of the biggest advantages of such a treatment is the zero down time.
“These treatments can be done just two weeks before to get the desired results. Compared to conventional beauty treatments offered by salons, the result of botox treatment lasts for five-six months,” Kapoor told IANS.
Shilpa Shetty, Aishwarya Rai and Manisha Koirala are some of the Bollywood actresses who preferred late marriage, but looked their best on their wedding day. Others too want to sport the same glow and radiance.
However, extra care is advised.
“Before treatment, please do your homework well. Please be sure about the doctor you are getting treated by. Be sure you are not in the wrong hands or your special day could become a nightmare for you. Research well about your doctor, and be sure that he or she is well trusted and qualified,” said Shetty.
Most important, the girls must check that the medicine that is being used for the treatment is FDA (Food and Drug Administration)-approved.
“A lot of fake medicines are being made in the name of botox treatment, a lot of Chinese material is also in market,” added Chatrath.
Also, a personalised diet-plan and a specific skin-care regime suggested by qualified doctors needs to be followed in order to maintain the effect.
(Nivedita can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Botox brides! To wed, 30 plus women visit cosmetic clinics - Dec 04, 2010
- Turn the clock around, gift your dad cosmetic treatment (June 17 is Father's Day) - Jun 15, 2012
- Lips to nose, cosmetic packages boom for Valentine's Day - Feb 07, 2012
- How to keep your skin glowing during monsoon - Jul 04, 2012
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- Fashion week around, models go for quick fix treatments - Sep 17, 2010
- Tips To Unclog Pores And Look Glamarous - Jan 20, 2011
- Brides, keep foundation low and make skin glow - Sep 26, 2010
- How about a dimple on your cheek as V-Day gift! - Feb 11, 2010
- Botox, facial fillers help old stars to look young - Apr 19, 2011
- Bruised Kim Kardashian quits botox - Sep 23, 2010
- Megan Fox rubbishes botox rumours - Jul 10, 2011
- How to keep stress at bay before wedding day - Oct 21, 2010
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: 40s, armpit, botox, botox treatments, brides, brow lift, cosmetic physician, cosmetic treatments, d day, embarrassing problem, excessive underarm sweating, eyebrow, four months, glowing skin, industry insiders, micro injection, new breed, open pores, shaping face, wedding day