Hema Malini performs as Radha for Neeta Lulla at LFWAugust 8th, 2012 - 1:28 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 7 (IANS) Ace designer Neeta Lulla’s show at the Lakme Fashion Week 2012 reached a high level of elegance and grace with veteran actress Hema Malini performing as Radha at its beginning here Tuesday.
The line was based on “Radha”, and the actress, dressed up as the character, performed a short Kathak dance, accompanied by a male dancer in the avatar of Krishna.
Hema Malini looked fabulous in a dark purple lehenga choli and light purple net dupatta embroidered in gold.
“I had no clue what made me go with Hemaji. It was not difficult to convince her. When I approached her she agreed readily. I had Krishna on my side and things fell into place. I have dressed her since 10 to 12 years, it never struck me to do something like this. There is the right time for everything. I never planned it,” Neeta said after the show.
Based on the beauty of Radha, the line showcased a wide variety of exquisite lehengas teamed with traditional cholis in bright contrasting colours like red, blue and peacock green.
There was heavy gold embroidery on the garments making them ideal for a bridal trousseau. The line was given a rich look by the extensive use of brocades.
“Radha has always been a symbol of grace and she is the epitome of beauty and romance for me. She was my inspiration this season. I have depicted the feminity and grace through my collection,” Neeta said.
“She (Radha) is always worshiped. Whether it is India or any part of the country she is dressed in various avatars all over the place. That was the theme for my collection. With color schemes, styles, something that is joining together with love, eternal romantic appeal to it,” she added.
The show ended in a unique fashion with a male model dressed as Krishna walking the ramp in a blue dhoti and a gold elaborate kamarbandh with a flute in his hand.
He was followed by all the other models creating the perfect finale for her show.
Bollywood celebrities attending the show included Ameesha Patel, Shruti Hassan, Celina Jaitley, Prabhu Deva and Juhi Chawla.
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Prachi shines at Neeta Lulla's show - Aug 20, 2011
- Karishma will well reprise my 'Satte Pe Satta' role: Hema Malini - Aug 02, 2011
- Esha Deol wants to be a 'runaway bride' - Mar 27, 2010
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- It's fun designing Genelia's wedding trousseau: Ritu Kumar (With Images) - Feb 01, 2012
- Valaya's clothes outshine Kangna on Couture Week ramp - Jul 24, 2010
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- I always wanted to do double role: Vidya Balan (With Image) - May 24, 2012
- Nervous Sridevi almost trips at Neeta Lulla's show - Sep 21, 2010
- Neeta Lulla to present 'Radha' at LFW - Jul 17, 2012
- Itsy-bitsy cholis spice up Bollywood (Feature) - Dec 03, 2011
Tags: bridal trousseau, cholis, color schemes, contrasting colours, dhoti, dupatta, feminity, gold embroidery, hema malini, kathak dance, lakme fashion week, lehenga choli, lehengas, lfw, lulla, male dancer, romantic appeal, symbol of grace, unique fashion, veteran actress