Halloween Treats For Better Trick-Or-TreatingOctober 20th, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Halloween’s Day is round the corner and the people are getting ready to celebrate the day with full pomp and amusement. As the day is marked with elaborate (and scary) costumes, food, tricks, ghost stories, movies, lots of fun and social gathering, here are some tips that can make your Halloween’s Day a lot more exciting.
Trick-or-treating and guising is a common practice that most children love to indulge in. They go door to door, sporting vibrant ghost costumes, and beg for a treat. If you do not give them one, they would impress you by singing a scary song or narrating a ghost story in order to earn their treat. Although this treat generally includes candies and sweets, you can make a difference by treating them with something better. One cool treat would be Bonfire toffee, where you can mix 0.55 g of dark brown sugar, 28 cl of molasses, one tablespoon of vinegar, one tablespoon of butter or margarine, and one teaspoon of sodium baking soda. Cook the mixture in medium flame and allow it to boil for 15 minutes, stirring it constantly. White vinegar gives the toffee a stronger taste, and makes it less brittle. It can be molded into any shape while it is still warm. You can also add mint or lemon flavor to it.
Similarly Black-Cherry Bats could also be a tempting option. Stir the gelatin in a big bowl. Stir water and grape juice in a pan, to boil it. Then add this liquid to the gelatin mixture and stir it until smooth. Add lemon juice to it, and then cut the viscous mixture in square and serve it chilled. Halloween Treat could also be exciting with desserts like Candy apples, Candy corn, candy pumpkins, Caramel corn, Roasted pumpkin seeds and Roasted sweet corn.
- This Easter, savour a variety of flavours - Apr 05, 2012
- Halloween Quotes for all - Oct 31, 2009
- Some tips to ensure safety on Halloween for your pets - Oct 29, 2010
- Heidi Klum's Halloween costume for 2011 tops all - Oct 27, 2011
- How To Cook Pumpkin Seeds In An Oven? Two Recipes As Answers - Oct 25, 2010
- Recipes by celebrity NRI chef Vikas Khanna (To go with: 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra) - May 08, 2012
- Pumpkin Seeds Recipes For Halloween - Oct 25, 2010
- Rachael Ray: Extreme Couponing, Salma Hayek - Sep 21, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Poppy Montgomery & Linda Evans - Oct 18, 2011
- Baby Halloween costumes - Oct 24, 2009
- Just Born Marshmallow Peeps Halloween Surprise - Sep 29, 2010
- Go for 'desi coolers' this Holi - Mar 07, 2012
- Halloween Masks available all over - Oct 13, 2009
- Cities Ban Teenage Trick-or-Treating - Oct 25, 2010
- Top 10 Halloween Masks for 2009 - Oct 13, 2009
Tags: baking soda, bonfire toffee, butter or margarine, candy apples, candy corn, caramel corn, dark brown sugar, food tricks, gelatin mixture, ghost stories, ghost story, grape juice, halloween treat, lemon flavor, medium flame, pumpkin seeds, scary costumes, scary song, sweet corn, white vinegar